Please sign in to post.

Barcelona hotels

We are traveling in Barcelona at the end of February and still looking for accommodations. We had wanted to stay in a hotel (my husband and I are traveling with our two boys ages 11 and 14) but we are having trouble finding hotels where we can all stay in one room or have connecting rooms. Any advice or suggestions? Do we need to shift from a hotel to an apartment or AirB&B? We were focusing on the El Born area, but open to other suggestions.

Posted by
26840 posts

Have you tried booking.com? Among its many filters you can filter for the number of people in the room, and the site will ask for the children's ages. Booking.com has a good number of apartment listings as well as hotels. I've found the reviews helpful, because only those who have actually stayed at a property can leave a review.

I don't know what the current Airbnb/apartment situation is like in Barcelona. The city has been concerned about the impact of short-term lodgings on availability of homes for city residents.

Posted by
2930 posts

IMPORTANT!
End of February is a tough month to find hotel rooms in Barcelona. Every year, for the past 25, the Mobile World Congress is celebrated in the city with over 120,000 attendees coming from all over. The congress lasts several days and then during these, finding a hotel room is complicated and if you do, it's vastly overpriced.

Posted by
149 posts

Hi -

I just returned from Barcelona Saturday with my family that includes my two teens - ages 14 and 19. We opted to stay in an Eric Vokel apartment, specifically the Eric Vokiel BCN Suites. We booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. Since we booked through their website and we received a free breakfast every morning. Breakfast usually included juice, milk, some type of bread (rolls, croissants, pastry) and occasionally cereal. There was also tea and coffee available. It was just enough to get us going. There was also a reception desk open from 9-6, which would be helpful if you needed something.

I don't know your specific dates or price points, but the Eric Vokel apartments might be an option.

Happy Travels!