Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Hotel recommendations

Looking at all the many many hotels in Barcelona. Would like one centrally located, but quiet at night. I believe that would eliminate Las Ramblas, but maybe The Gothic Quarter? Thanks

Posted by
147 posts

Thank you, looks very interesting. Just a quick check of their website, it appears only one room has their own bathroom. I would not stay in a room with a shared bathroom. However, if you book far enough in advance, I would take the studio.

Posted by
5503 posts

You are correct, bathrooms are shared, but there is a sink in the room. Two rooms share one bathroom, there were three of us in a room and we never ran into a problem. I believe there is at least one room with a private bath.

Posted by
882 posts

While on the RS "Best of Barcelona and Madrid" tour in February, we stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Centro. It's conveniently located in the Gothic Quarter, a short walk to the Cathedral, on a pedestrian-only street.....but "quiet" and "Barcelona" really don't belong in the same sentence. This is a late night city.......people are out and about until 2 or 3 a.m. and they aren't being silent.

Posted by
3961 posts

You may want to take a look at hoteljazz.com. We loved the central location and short walking distance to The Gothic Quarter and Las Ramblas, etc. Very quiet at night. It has a roof top pool and bar to enjoy the panoramic view of the city. Nice to come back in the pm to relax. Excellent buffet breakfast. We would definitely stay there again.

Posted by
591 posts

We stayed in the Hotel Colon for two nights in April. Our room was on the 2nd floor (in the US it would be 3rd), around the side, and quiet although there were cathedral bells we couldn't always hear them. Our room was on that small side street - we could see a glimpse of the cathedral when we leaned out the window. It wasn't inexpensive, but we did have our own full bath.

https://hotelcolonbarcelona.es/

Posted by
2375 posts

We stayed at the Ibis Sagrada Familia. Decent price, 2 short blocks from S.F. Convenient to Metro

Posted by
7175 posts

Some good choices here, all well located.

4 star
Casa Camper
Yurbban Passage Hotel

3 star
Hotel Rec Barcelona
Yurbban Trafalgar Hotel

2 star
Hotel Constanza Barcelona
Hotel Catalonia Gran Via BCN

Posted by
311 posts

We stayed at H10 Montcada. Great location, breakfast and hotel staff. The rooms were very quiet.