Please sign in to post.

Barcelona, hotel recommendations

I am looking for a moderately priced hotel recommendation in Barcelona. My preference is in or near the La Rambla District. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted by
16893 posts

Consider Hotel Denit, www.denit.com, which is close the Aerobus stop and metro stop at Placa Catalunya or www.hotel-inglaterra.com (same neighborhood and owners, doubles around 125 euros). Rick's books list cheaper options, too, especially if you only need a single.

Posted by
3248 posts

We stayed at Hotel Denit recently and I agree that the location is excellent. If you stay there, book direct--if you use a site like Booking.com you will not get free breakfast. Also, note that prices vary depending on date and events happening at that time in the city--we paid $230.00 for a small room. Barcelona is an expensive city but for a future trip, I'll do more research--there may be better options.

Posted by
338 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Constanza (http://www.hotelconstanza.com/) a couple of weeks ago and would recommend it. It's located just outside the gothic quarter and about 1/3 of a mile northeast of the Placa de Catalunya which is the public square at the top end of La Rambla. It's about 1/2 mile to the gothic cathedral and a bit farther from the Picasso museum if you're interested in those sites. It ran about 125 euro/night for a double and 195 euro/night for a family room that slept four. It has an elevator which was a must for my parents and a nice rooftop terrace.