Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

I’ll be traveling early next year with my young adult daughter to Spain.(Mother daughter trip) we are going to look at an air Bnb as (week stay) versus a hotel so any recommendations as I’m looking for a safe, great location (we’re both walkers) to stay in Barcelona? We’ll be doing day trips so thought for a week perhaps an air bnb might be more comfortable than a hotel??. Also, if you want to throw out must see day trips feel free to mention. Thanks!

Posted by
3904 posts

I advise you not to patronize AirBnB in Barcelona, where local residents are being pushed out of traditional neighborhoods by the rising housing cost, spurred by short-term rental schemes coupled with many illegal listings. The situation has strained community relationships, as residential areas are transformed into makeshift tourist zones, eroding the local culture and disrupting everyday life for residents. For these reasons, opting for traditional accommodation options like hotels would be a more responsible choice when visiting Barcelona.

If you still want to use Airbnb, it is important to double check to see if a particular listing has a H.U.T license/number (Habitatge d’ús turistic), this is required for short term tourist stays in Barcelona. If the listing does not have/provide one, then it's probably illegal and I would look for another one.

Posted by
4085 posts

My friend and I stayed in Casp74 Apartments for a week in 2022 in a 2 bedroom apartment. They have a 24 hr staffed desk, it was spacious and clean and convenient enough for walking.