Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

I will be in Barcelona for 1 1/2 days. I could possibly make it 2 1/2 days. Suggestions. I found a bed and breakfast Patio Barcelona in the Ensanche district. Anyone ever hear of this and what about the district. The blue line Metro Entenca is in front of the house. It says 15 min walk to Montjuic Magic Fountains Fira de Barcelona and 30 min walk or 4 stops by Metro to Olt Town. Thoughts????

Posted by
2627 posts

Barcelona is wonderful! If you can stay an extra night, I would! I see where your lodging is - about 10 min walk from train station - but I don't know the city well enough to comment - hopefully someone else will chime in.

Posted by
2455 posts

Becky, I stayed at The Patio for a week last month, and i found it to be WONDERFUL! Do you have a booking already? I don't know if they will book for just one night. There are just two rooms, which share a bathroom. I did not find that to be any problem at all. The innkeepers live next door and are very nice and helpful. It is in a great locals neighborhood, about 10 minutes walk to Sants RR Station, and the Entenca Metro station is right across the street from the B & B. And yes, it is quite a walk from most sites, while I walked a huge amount in BCN, I often used the nearby Metro station, which provided a quick and easy way to get just about everywhere.
PS-- on the other hand, if you have only 1 1/2 days in BCN, you might consider staying someplace that is most convenient to the sites on your own must-see list.

Posted by
13 posts

We just returned from Barcelona last week. Stayed at the Hotel Gaudi, just off Las Ramblas, about half way up. A block from the Metro station at Liceu across from La Boqueria. Wonderful! Had a rooftop lounge area that was fabulous. Very nice accommodations, excellent breakfast included. Highly recommend.