Please sign in to post.

Barcelona city pass

Is getting the Barcelona city pass worth it, I know we did one for New York City and we ended seeing so many more things.

Posted by
27112 posts

You really have to look at what you want to see, how many of those places the pass covers, and how much time you will have available to see those places. The Barcelona Pass actually covers very little--apparently just La Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell. For other sights, it seems you just get a 10% discount, which for me falls in the "why bother" category. I don't think the HO/HO bus benefit (also included) is of much use in Barcelona. The city is quite walkable and has excellent public transportation.

It's easy enough to buy the timed entry tickets you need for the top Barcelona sights online; it's not like the only way to obtain skip-the-line entry to La Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell is to buy the Barcelona Pass.

For me, this would be a definite No, but perhaps someone else can make a case for the pass.

Posted by
863 posts

Was in Barcelona for 7 days two weeks ago. We used T-casual tickets for the metro/bus and walking. It was very sunny when we were there and the people on the HO/HO buses that passed us looked grumpy and hot. Barcelona is very walkable and strolling up boulevardes like Passeig de Gracia is part of the experience.

We booked ahead for Sagrada Familia and some popular sites, others we just turned up. Even though we had a timed booking for Sagrada Familia we still had to join the line for the security check which took about 10 minutes from joining the line to getting in.

Posted by
259 posts

No to the pass. Were in Barcelona for a week in September. The HO/HO buses didn't seem to go anywhere close to the interesting places. Follow RS walking tours (as best as you can - sometimes difficult). Good walking town but too many tempting pastry & gelato/ice cream stops. Get tickets for Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila, Casa Battlo, Park Guell in advance - quick sellouts. The Metro is over 10° F hotter than street temp - buses cooler. I think that the most interesting sights are within a walk of Placa de Catalunya (except Park Guell which is a slog away from Centro). There is plenty to experience away from Centro but you will need more than a week. Enjoy a lovely town.

Posted by
2942 posts

No, it's probably not.

You're going to be visiting for a few days only, probably fewer than you'd really need. There are far too many things to see/do in Barcelona. Make a list of what you'd like to see and then (and only then!) it's worth evaluating whether the pass can be useful. And it probably won't be (voice of experience talking) :)