Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

Should we rent a car while in Barcelona? We want to visit Girona and also Camp de Nou.. Im wondering if we should pay for the tours or simply drive there. We have been to Barcelona before speak Spanish.. Thoughts?
We have been to Montserrat, walked the Gothic and seen a lot of the area what other places nearby should we visit? We will be there for 7 nights before starting our cruise and Italy journey!

TY

Posted by
4049 posts

If you are talking about Barcelona's football stadium, do what the locals do and use public transport. To Girona by train is less than an hour and parking in that very old city is awkward at best and will cost you. It is easily walkable and has plenty of good restaurants.

Posted by
5610 posts

I should think you could do Girona easily on your own. We took the high speed train from Barcelona for something like 10 euro. We absolutely LOVED Girona. We spent 3 nights there. One day we took a bus to Besalu. In addition to the churches, I highly recommend spending a far amount of time on and exploring the medieval city walls.

Posted by
7175 posts

Unless you are planning a few days visiting beach areas of the Costa Brava then no you are best without a car.

Posted by
27142 posts

There is something called "Camp Nou Experience" that might be of interest to you. I believe those tickets sell out early. I have no idea whether there is any other way to see the inside of the stadium (other than attending a game, that is).