Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Accommodation

Looking for some recommendations for a reasonable accommodation for Barcelona.
Hope to have either a small prep kitchen for light breakfast/light snacks or a property that offers breakfast/snacks. Having self-seve laundry on-site (or nearby) would be great.

I've got an Air BnB located on Carrer de L'est and it seems a bit of a sketchy area on Google Street view.

Wonder if anyone has visited the area of the booked rental, or if there's some favored accommodations.

Thank you!

Posted by
1939 posts

I asked a very similar question a few months ago and got some great recommendations. I will see if I can find the link

I have chosen the Hotel Continental on the Central Plaza. This was among the hotels recommended to me by members of this forum.

Hotel Continental offers breakfast as well as 24/7 snacks included in your room price.

EDIT to ADD

Found the link. This should prove very helpful.

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/spain/hotel-location-in-barcelona

Posted by
27187 posts

I don't believe I've walked along Carrer de l'Est, and I know there are some rather rough-looking areas west of the Ramblas. However, I've been to the Ruta del Modernisme offices on Av. Drassanes, which are quite close the Carrer de l'Est, and that area seemed fine.

Bottom line: We need input from folks who know Barcelona better than I do. I haven't checked the Google Street View, but if it's specifically graffiti you're worried about, that isn't necessarily indicative of an unsafe area in Europe.

Posted by
2267 posts

The area of Carrer de L'est is probably safer than it looks or feels, but it looks and feels super sketchy, and if that gives pause best to steer clear. I’d tell my sister not to stay there.

I mean, unwashed street homelessness with shopping carts. (There’s a big social services facility on the lower part of Rambla de Reval.

Posted by
11180 posts

Look at Hispanos7Suizas, located very near to La Sagrada Familia, safe area.
It is an aparthotel with a front desk reception. Has all on your list that you want, kitchen, in unit laundry, balcony.Nice area.