Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

I'm going to Europe in November. On the way back to the US I have 5 hrs 20 min layover time in Barcelona airport. Do I have time to take a ride downtown? I found out there are Aerobuses (quite fast and not expensive) between airport and the center of the city. Please help.

Posted by
1292 posts

I think the key question is how long do you actually have? Is the 5,20 the actual spare time or the difference between the first aeroplane landing and the next taking off? If the latter, you have much less time in reality.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you for answering. It's between plane landing and plane taking off: 12:25 PM arriving from Warsaw, 5:45 departing for Boston.

Posted by
6788 posts

Not enough time IMHO.

Your arriving flight lands at 12:25. It takes awhile to get off the plane and into the terminal - let's say, you're cut loose at 1:00. Your departing flight leaves at 5:45. That means it starts boarding before 5:00.

At best, you have 4 hours to play with, (that's assuming your incoming flight is on time), probably less. Remember, getting on a flight to the US, there will be extra security checks and other things that will slow you down.

No way I'd risk it with less than 4 hours there.

Posted by
7175 posts

I would want to be back at the airport by 3.30pm, so I’d give you 2.5 hours to play with, and at best it’s 30 mins each way by cab to the centre.

Posted by
831 posts

Consider the consequences of missing your flight. In a worst case:
- you might have to buy a new ticket at full walk-up retail prices (depends on your ticket), &
- you might have to spend the night there, &
- possibly miss scheduled obligations at your destination.

Posted by
7 posts

I have not been to Barcelona (going in December) but with a 5 hour layover in Warsaw, we grabbed a cab and spent 2 and half hours in old Warsaw and it was worth it.

Posted by
4 posts

I lived in Warsaw about 30 years. You can get by taxi from Okecie Airport to downtown in 15 min (if there is no heavy traffic). I'm afraid that's not the case in Barcelona. Thank you.