Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

We will be taking a train on April 13th to Barcelona. We would like to tour the Familia Sangradra on Sunday. Does anyone know if because it is a Sunday if it is still open for tours on that day of the week? I know you can't buy tickets yet, but would like to plan if that is a day we could tour it. Also, would like to visit the Park Guell. I see there is a free part and a timed paid entrance. If you have been there could you share your advice on whether to buy a ticket or you can see the enough in the free part. Not looking to go in museums but just to see the outside walls and the iconic shot you always see of the place. Also, I have heard Sundays are quiet days, and things could be closed. Is this true of major restaurants and shops in Barcelona?

Posted by
419 posts

I visited both La Sagrada Familia and Casa Mila on a Sunday in Sept. 2017. I haven't been to Park Guell so I can't help you there.

Posted by
27062 posts

A large number of the top sights in Barcelona are generally open on Sundays. You can Google for the official websites and check their schedules.

Posted by
15576 posts

There are no quiet days at La Sagrada Familia. Sunday is the same as every other day.

Posted by
2939 posts

This ain't a theme-park, LOL!, we locals do visit our monuments and museums on Sundays... and we also go out for meals and fun, if you catch my drift. The only things you'll find closed on Sundays are offices/factories and most shops.

Posted by
2 posts

For most of the Gaudi's work, you must buy tickets in case you want to visit the inside. La Sagrada Familia is open on Sundays
For the Park Guell is true you can access part of the park free, and actually is a very nice thing to do. You will see the stunning entrance for a great selfie. If you want to admire Gaudi buildings from the outside, go to Passeig de Gracia. As shops are closed, you will avoid the crowds and spot a bunch of beautiful architecture.
Sundays shops close but most restaurants remain open. Here is a nice guide with the foods you should try when visiting Barcelona