Please sign in to post.

AVE Train Sept 2015

Hi I wish to travel from Barcelona to Madrid in Sept. It looks like the schedule is on the Renfe website but it displays only one hi speed train on the 22nd of Sept, the day I want to travel. Schedules for the spring showed multiple AVE trains each day. DO you think they may release a another schedule with additional trains.

Posted by
984 posts

You are just a couple or so weeks ahead of yourself. As you can see the schedules are there to about half way through September. Monitor weekly or as you see fit and all detail will appear.

Posted by
135 posts

I am traveling from Barcelona to Madrid on September 14th. I tried to book yesterday (July 21) and there were no high speed trains available. I spoke to someone at Petrabax and he advised me to try back in 3 days when the schedule would be updated and would include my travel date. I'm guessing your date might be in the next update or shortly after.

Posted by
23241 posts

If you want to see what the schedule is, just look at the same day of the week in August or July. The train schedules are nearly the same from quarter to quarter. What you are finding is that they have not loaded all the schedules for Sept. They should have BUT what is the rush. It is hot. Time for siesta.

Posted by
362 posts

check the schedule for the date required on the Renfe website to see what trains will be offered. http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html

Schedules seem to be up-to-date until Sept 14th. Although some early morning AVE trains were loaded a few weeks ago beyond that date, the remainder will probably be loaded 62 days in advance. I've been checking daily for my own travels. :-)