Please sign in to post.

Andalusia Itinerary question

Planning to visit Andalusia region. 12 days total including flying in and out (Sevilla/Malaga). Sevilla 4 days with a optional day trip to Cordoba, to Ronda by bus, 2 days in Ronda, to Malaga by train, stay in Malaga 4 days with a day trip to Granada. Trying to minimize hotel changes so use 3 cites as base. This will end of Nov. any suggestions?

Posted by
4212 posts

Looks fine; some would say just stay in Granada, but I always give benefit of the doubt that you chose it this way for a reason. You might want to share why you chose these places, what you wish to see/do.
Sevilla four nights is good, no suggestions. I am partial to Ronda and visited twice, so I like the idea of two nights there, though one would be "enough" to see the highlights. I enjoyed Malaga but I only spent a night there. I would do a deep dive on weather, and I would at least consider the alternative of three nights in Granada and one in Malaga.

Posted by
11052 posts

Do not make Córdoba optional. It is a must see that I would rank above Malaga, Ronda.

Posted by
1520 posts

Second the advice to visit Cordoba.
From Ronda go to Granada.
Then spend one night in Malaga prior to flying out.
We have been to Malaga and enjoyed a sedate visit, but prioritize Granada over Malaga.

Posted by
26829 posts

I agree with the earlier responses. The most interesting destinations in Andalucia are Seville, Granada and Cordoba. Ronda and Malaga are definitely worth visiting if one has time but are not in the same league. Granada has more to see than just the Alhambra, and one can easily spend over half a day at rhe Alhambra alone, so treating Granada as a day trip from Malaga is not a good idea.

Posted by
48 posts

Based on the valuable suggestions, I’ve altered my schedule as follows. Sevilla 6 days (2 day trips to Cordoba), Granada 3 days, Malaga 1 day. Skipping Ronda for future trip.

Posted by
1570 posts

I know you said you are trying to minimize hotel changes, but honestly, taking 2 daytrips to Cordoba just doesn't make sense to me. I realize the train from Seville to Cordoba is about 45 minutes, but that is 45 minutes each way. Do you really want to do that twice? And it means getting to the train station and back twice in both Seville and Cordoba. Personally, I would find that to be very stressful. I would rather have an extra hotel change and then stay put.

I highly recommend spending 1 or 2 nights in Cordoba. Cordoba is lovely at night when the city is illuminated and the daytrippers have left.

Posted by
5187 posts

I’ve altered my schedule as follows. Sevilla 6 days (2 day trips to Cordoba), Granada 3 days, Malaga 1 day. Skipping Ronda for future trip.

I agree with kmkwoo.
Definitely consider spending 1-2 nights in beautiful Córdoba.

You can easily take a bus (ALSA bus), or train, from Córdoba to Granada.

Did you already book your Alhambra tickets?

If not, make sure you do that soon, for better time options.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
15560 posts

Another vote for staying in Cordoba. It's not just a 45 minute train ride. You have to get to the train station in Sevilla by bus or taxi if you're staying anywhere near the center. Then another taxi or 20 minute walk to the historic center from the Cordoba train. And as others have said, Cordoba is so much better in the evenings.