Please sign in to post.

Alhambra Tour

My husband and I want to tour the Alhambra on 10/16. Rick's guidebook suggests purchasing the Alhambra General tour. I found a guided tour on the Alhambra.org site (3 hours) which seems to fit the bill but wondered if there's a better site to use to purchase tour tickets. Any advice would be welcome! Thanks!

Posted by
27230 posts

You can rent an audio guide at the Alhambra if you want some explanatory narration but don't need a guided tour.

There are a couple of potential issues with public (not private) guided tours of the Alhambra:

• Conditions in the Nasrid Palaces are quite crowded. Photographers will need extra time to get pictures that aren't full of many strangers. A public tour is unlikely to accommodate that need for extra time.

• The Alhambra is a large complex. Your ticket allows you to enter the Nasrid Palaces only once. You won't be able to go back there to spend more time after your tour ends. I believe the same is true of the Museum in the Charles V Palace, but I don't know that the tours go there, anyway.

Posted by
14 posts

Hello,

Similar question here please:
- Should I do the Viator Guided Tour OR the Get Your Guide Guided Tour
- Should I explore on my own
- Where can I buy Skip The Line Tickets

Thank you!!