Please sign in to post.

Alhambra tickets

I made reservations online following Rick's directions. It didn't go through directly. Then it appeared to work, but the language had switched back to Spanish, so I'm not sure. Do they send you a confirmation? I'm on endless hold right now, long distance to Spain, trying to confirm. Any advice?

Posted by
984 posts

I have no idea what Rick's directions are but you should receive an email confirmation if using the official website Ticketmaster and presumably you paid with a credit card therefore you can 'phone and ask for confirmation of the action or not.

Posted by
12 posts

Thanks, Neil. I never received an e-mail confirmation, and when I talked to AMEX, they hadn't received a charge. But they said it could take 24 hours. I guess I'll just try again and hope I'm not buying double tickets.

Posted by
5239 posts

Linda,
I agree with Neil.

I received an email confirmation the same day I purchased our Alhambra tickets via Ticketmaster.

Make sure you take the same credit card you used to book your tickets, as you will need it to claim your tickets in Spain.

Posted by
195 posts

i don't know what Rick' s directions are, but I booked our Alhambra tickets last week and received a confirmation within minutes. The charge showed up on the credit card in a couple of hours. If you still haven' t received a confirmation and the charge doesn't show, I think it would be safe to say it did not go through. Good luck!! The reservations seem to be going quickly. We won't be there until the end of April, and last week all only two of the morning time slots of the day we wanted were available. My advice would be to go ahead and redo the reservation and hope it is not a duplicate.

Posted by
984 posts

Please advise progress or not. I have a feeling whilst AmEx may be offered to you as a way of payment, if this card is issued in the Americas there may be no connectivity security wise.

Posted by
102 posts

If it helps, the email will come from "[email protected]" as the sender. I just booked my tickets a few days ago and received the confirmation email within a few minutes too.

Posted by
36 posts

I made reservations yesterday and didn't get a confirmation. It did, however, show up on my credit card and I got an alert about an international purchase on Capital One. I went to Ticketmaster's web site, clicked on the international link at bottom. It asked for credit card I had used. It then took me to my purchases and there was my confirmation number and information. Rick's book has instructions on where to print out tickets in Granada.

Posted by
42 posts

I purchased tickets a few weeks ago and received it within minutes as well. Maybe wait until tomorrow and then try again.

Amex is great about customer service if they try to charge you twice.

Posted by
15607 posts

BTW, you don't have to wait until you get to Granada to print out the tickets. You can use any Caixa machine. You must use the credit card that you purchased the tickets with, just insert it and follow the instructions. It takes a couple minutes to print, so be patient.

Posted by
32222 posts

Linda,

Just to clarify the point mentioned by Chani, if you want to print your tickets at a La Caixa ATM you'll have to use one of the "super ATM's" which are larger than the models which only dispense cash. The super ATM's seem to be quite common in Granada and I had no problems printing out my tickets.

Posted by
782 posts

There is a book store where you print out your tickets within one block of the bus stop that takes you up the hill to the Alhambra,just bring the credit card that you made the purchase with.
Mike

Posted by
20 posts

HI,
I know that this thread is a few months old but I just wanted to give an update on how my Alhambra ticket booking went in case anyone else is searching for this.

I didn't see a confirmation email either but I found it in my spam folder. It was in Spanish you can use the Chrome translation to see what it says in English. It was there just a few minutes after I booked the tickets.

I was able to use the Chrome browser to do the purchase and it is able to automatically translate the Spanish pages so getting through the process was not a problem even though it was a bit quirky. When I was entering my credit card information it had fields that got translated as "surname" and "second surname". My credit card has my middle initial so I entered that as the "second surname" and my last name as the "surname" and it worked OK

I was going back and forth between windows to check something before I printed the confirmation and somehow the conformation window was closed before I could print it. I don't remember closing the window but I think it is possible that there is something that automatically closes it so you might want to print it right away.

Posted by
32 posts

@Mike, the bookstore is ALWAYS out of order. Go to the Caixa across from the Cathedral and get your tickets from the ATM. There may be a line so be patient. The instructions are above the machine and the are confusing. I ended up helping two of the people behind me because it wasn't very straight-forward.

Sounds complicated but its better than waiting in line once you get the Alhambra.. That line was very long and you want enough time to explore the fortress before entering during your time.