Please sign in to post.

Alhambra tickets

Hello,
I just purchased Alhambra General tickets and on PDF file is says
THIS IS OT A TICKET, even it contains all information including ID numbers.
Do I still need to pick up a "real" ticket in the office before entering.
Thanks for input,
Marija
We are going to Granada July 10th for 2 night and few days ago website did not have any tickets for our dates, but today I got few options. Keep checking a website!

Posted by
23268 posts

Ticket system probably change yearly. But four or five years ago that is what we had to do. We also had to present the credit card used to purchase the tickets. Hopefully someone will have more current experience.

Posted by
54 posts

Did you book a special rate ticket such as child or senior? In that case you need to go to the main entrance to have your ticket verified.

Posted by
15584 posts

AFAIK you've always had to pick up Alhambra tickets in Spain. I got mine at a Caixa ATM in Granada. You just insert your credit card (must be the same one you used to buy online) and follow the directions. The machine prints out the tickets. You can also pick them up at the main entrance to the Alhambra. Caixa ATM's are ubiquitous in Spain. I think you can use any one in Andalucia, not just Granada. There should be info on the Alhambra ticket sales's website

Posted by
36 posts

We were at the Alhambra a couple of weeks ago and did not have to pick up a real ticket. We just used the ticket we printed out on line. I understand that policy changes often so check. They did ask us to show the ticket several times before we entered the Alhambra though. It was worth it. One of the most beautiful things we have ever seen.

Posted by
5212 posts

Marija,

I just purchased Alhambra General tickets and on PDF file is says
THIS IS OT A TICKET, even it contains all information including ID numbers.
Do I still need to pick up a "real" ticket in the office before entering.

I was intrigued by your question. My understanding was that one could now print tickets at home, if purchased online from the official Alhambra website

I decided to call the Alhambra this morning and asked your question: PDF file that reads; "THIS IS NOT A TICKET"

This is the information I received.

There are only a few reasons for not being able to print your ticket at home when bought online:

1. If one purchases discounted tickets for EU seniors (age 65+) Please note that this discount is only offered to European Union citizens.

2. If one purchases discounted tickets for accompanying children (ages 12-15), or for young EU adults who are European Youth Card holders.

3. If one is entitled to free admission: Namely, children under 12 years of age, and "Members of the International Council on Monuments and Historical Artistic Sites (ICOMOS) and of the International Council of Museums (ICOM)".

If any of the above pertain to you, then you must collect your tickets at the Alhambra (main entrance), and show ID or passport to confirm that you are entitled to such discounted ticket(s).

If you've selected the discounted ticket(s) by mistake, you can pay the difference in price at the Alhambra (main entrance).

Make sure you give yourself plenty of time, as it may take an hour to get down from the main entrance to the Nasrid Palaces, or 20-30 minutes if you don't stop to admire anything along the way ; )

FYI, This information pertains to everyone: Your passport, or European ID card, may be requested before entering the Nasrid Palaces, as entrance may be denied if you don't have one.

Have a wonderful trip!

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you all for helpful information.
Priscilla thank you so much for clarification of all details. Yes, i did buy discounted ticket for our daughter, who is 15.
Now I am all ready!!!
Thanks again,
Marija

Posted by
5212 posts

Marija,
Great!

When in Granada, make sure you eat some deliciously creamy ice cream at, 'Los Italianos', right across the street from the cathedral
(Calle Gran Vía de Colón, 4)

Have a wonderful trip!

Posted by
30 posts

I contacted the Alhambra to find out if I am eligible for a senior discount, being U.S. and 65 years old. This is how they responded:

In reply to your request, we inform you that reduced price is for UE visitors aged 65 and more; you can buy the reduced ticket. For further information about your tickets, please visit our website at tickets.alhambra-patronato.es

Thank you for your confidence.

Alhambra and Generalife Tickets Support Center.

Posted by
22 posts

We visited Alhambra in May. I bought tickets online in March and printed them out. I’m 65 and paid 14.85€ which is the regular price.

Posted by
5212 posts

I'd like to clarify this point in order to help others from ordering the incorrect ticket.

Jenny,

The response you received does not make sense, perhaps there was a typo and they wrote "can", instead of "can't" ?

I contacted the Alhambra to find out if I am eligible for a senior
discount, being U.S. and 65 years old. This is how they responded:

In reply to your request, we inform you that reduced price is for UE
visitors aged 65 and more; you can buy the reduced ticket. For further
information about your tickets, please visit our website at
tickets.alhambra-patronato.es

As stated on the official Alhambra website, discounted tickets for senior citizens (over the age of 65) are only offered to European Union (EU) citizens.

My mom was 88 years old when we visited the Alhambra and she did not qualify for this senior discount ticket because she's not an EU citizen.