Please sign in to post.

Alhambra tickets

I tried to purchase tickets on the website to see the Alhambra on 30/5/18 and was sad to see that they had already sold out that day. Are there any alternative ways to find tickets? Thanks so much.

Posted by
26829 posts

June is also pretty much sold out, I think.

You may be able to get tickets from your hotel, probably at a modest mark-up. That's what I'd try first.

It has been reported here that buying the Granada Card may allow you to purchase tickets on dates that are otherwise sold out. I don't know exactly how that works, but more than one person has been successful.

You can also take a tour that includes admission to the Alhambra. However, be very careful to select a tour that includes the Nasrid Palaces. I found an online review of a company that apparently markets "Alhambra" tours that do not include the palaces at all. You don't want that.

Posted by
786 posts

Our bed and breakfast took care of securing tickets for us. The mark up was minimal and worth it.

Posted by
5187 posts

Salexan,

You may consider booking Dobla de Oro General tickets for just a few more € than for the Alhambra General tickets.

There are very limited tickets for your date (May 30) and there are a few more time selections for May 31.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your time in Spain!

Posted by
36 posts

Priscilla,
Thanks so much for the recommendation. I tried that site and was given the reply that I interpreted to be that there were no more tickets. I was trying to purchase two tickets. I'll try again tomorrow but there must have been only one ticket left. Hopefully something else will turn up.

Salexan

Posted by
19 posts

I was able to buy the Granada card with a Nasrid Palaces reservation. I bought them on March 24 for a May 15 reservation. You only have to go to town to get the bus pass. If you only want the card for the entrances, the emailed reservation already has the ticket attached. It was more expensive than a simple ticket but I was not able to figure out any other way to get a ticket as everything was sold out.

Posted by
5187 posts

Salexan,

I tried that site and was given the reply that I interpreted to be that there were no more tickets. I was trying to purchase two tickets. I'll try again tomorrow but there must have been only one ticket left.

That’s odd... I just tried to book two Dobla de Oro General tickets for both available times
( 18:30 and 17:00) separately, and I didn’t get a message telling me that they weren’t available.

What message did you get?

Posted by
36 posts

Priscilla,
I didn't get the message until I got to the end ready to pay. I'm trying again today.

thanks again,
Suzanne
Here is the message I get when I try to go to payment page after filling out all the contact information:
You have reached the limit of allowed purchases per person and month.
It let me click on the date and after clicking, the date turned green so I went to the next page to fill out our personal information. After filling out all the info, when I tried to go to next page for payment info, I got the above info. I also tried to buy ticket for one with no luck. Thanks.

Posted by
5187 posts

Suzanne,
I just sent a message to the Alhambra via the on-line chat and received this information.

My question:

My friend wants to visit the Alhambra on May 30, 2018 and she attempted to buy 2 Dobla de Oro General tickets yesterday but she received a message telling her that she had exceeded the amount of tickets allowed. What phone # can she call to buy tickets?

Their answer:

The message shown on the website is a generic error message that appears when visitors have not entered their ID / passport number. Please select "other ID" and fill in your passport number to make the reservation correctly.

If above fails, then I’d suggest contacting the Alhambra and booking your tickets directly by calling; tel:, 34- 902 932 506, (dial 011 before the #, if calling from the US)
Operators speak English.

Hope this helps! ; )

Posted by
36 posts

Priscilla, I can't thank you enough. It worked perfectly. I've got tickets in hand. Suzanne

Posted by
5187 posts

Yay!!!
I’m so happy for you!
When my mom & I were there, we witnessed so many disappointed visitors because they couldn’t get tickets.

Edited to add...
Here’s a helpful website:

Make sure you get some delicious ice cream at, ‘Los Italianos’, right across the cathedral on Calle Gran Vía de Colón 😉🍦

Posted by
36 posts

Priscilla, it was so kind of you to stick with me and go the extra mile to make our trip to the Alhambra/Granada special. I'll certainly try to find the ice cream, too.

Thanks again for all your help.
Suzanne

Posted by
29 posts

I am having the same problem now. Wanted to visit Alhambra on May 19, 20, or 21, but all Alhambra General tickets and all Dobla de Oro General tickets are sold out for these days.
Someone mentioned to buy a Granada card with a Alhambra reservation, where to go to buy this kind of Granada card?
Some mentioned local hotels or B&Bs may hold some tickets with markups, how to find these tickets?
Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Posted by
36 posts

I purchased Alhambra tickets through Dobia de Oro for a visit 30/5/2018 and on the ticket it says: Time visit to the Monumental site Check Schedule. Can anyone tell me what "check schedule" means? It also tells me that my scheduled time to the Nasrid Palaces is 18:30, which I understand. Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Posted by
5187 posts

Suzanne,

Time visit to the Monumental site Check Schedule. Can anyone tell me what "check schedule" means? It also tells me that my scheduled time to the Nasrid Palaces is 18:30, which I understand.

I think it just means to be aware of your entry time to the Nasrid Palace as this is the one that really matters.
They are very strict about this time as only a small group of persons are admitted per time slot. Once you're inside the Palace, you can stay as long as you desire.

Keep in mind that the entrance closest to the Nasrid Palace is the, "Puerta de la Justicia", (Justice Gate).
If you enter through the main entrance, it takes time to walk down to the Nasrid Palace.
Since my mom & I entered through the Justice Gate, I can't tell you how long it takes to walk down from the main entrance.

Here is more information to help you plan your visit to the Alhambra complex.

Posted by
5187 posts

Chris,

It's best to post your question(s) separately, by starting a new post, and that way you'll get notification of replies to your question(s)

Having said this, I don't think Suzanne will mind if I answer your questions as they may benefit others as well.

I am having the same problem now. Wanted to visit Alhambra on May 19, 20, or 21, but all Alhambra General tickets and all Dobla de Oro General tickets are sold out for these days.
Someone mentioned to buy a Granada card with a Alhambra reservation, where to go to buy this kind of Granada card?
Some mentioned local hotels or B&Bs may hold some tickets with markups, how to find these tickets?

Yes, unfortunately Alhambra tickets ( General and Dobla de Oro) are sold out for the month of April and May.

You can buy a Granada Card online but you must check to see if you can still get a time for the Nasrid Palaces for your dates.

It looks like all the Alhambra General tickets are all sold out up to May 26, however, there may still be some "Night Visit" tickets for your dates.

Hope this helps.

Edited to add...

Some hotels do buy Alhambra tickets and sell them to their clients but you need to call the hotel where you'll be staying to check on this.

Posted by
29 posts

Hi Priscilla,
Thank you very much for your suggestion and reply. I tried all possible ways, including private guided tour, with no luck for the days planned for Granada. So we have to skip Granada this time, and hope for the next visit ...
Best regards,
Chris