Please sign in to post.

Alhambra tickets

We're going in late March, but website for tix sales only goes thru end of 2019. Does anyone know when they put up the next months? Thanks!

Posted by
5226 posts

Eleanora,
You can book your Alhambra tickets 3 months in advance.
They should open up the March schedule in December 2019.
Enjoy!

Posted by
5658 posts

They are posted 3 plus months in advance. For example, since you are visiting late March, you should look December 1st, since they tend to post the entire month at one time.

Posted by
8162 posts

We got our tickets through a tour operatior. It would be difficult to do a tour of this complex without a good tour guide. It took us 3 1/2 hours, and climbing so many hills and steps was quite difficult.

Posted by
27190 posts

You can rent an audio guide at the Alhambra. Although a live guide is always great, I don't think that's always the best choice at the Alhambra, where a few key areas are single-entry. If you feel you needed more time in an area, you may not necessarily be able to return to it after the tour ends elsewhere in the complex. The Nasrid Palaces, in particular, are very crowded, and you can only enter them one time. Folks interested in photography who want to spend some extra time taking photos with not so many other tourists in them may find a tour moves too fast for them.

Posted by
5658 posts

By doing some research and planning in advance, I think the Alhambra is easily done independently. I like to do things on my own and my own pace, and at the Alhambra in some areas, you can't go back to linger if you feel you didn't have enough time. i purchased the "Souvenir" picture guidebook in advance which provided a wealth of information and also allowed us to plan the particular areas where we wanted more time or information. Also, the RS guidebook and Eyewitness Spain guidebook are excellent resources.

There are lots of little tips you can pick up. The first would be to be at the back of your entrance time to the palace. There is a gap before they let the next timed group in and if you hang back you can view some of the areas without large groups of people in the way.

Posted by
4574 posts

I also prefer an audio guide for many places so i can take my own pace. There are resources to learn the history of it beforehand. I appreciate that guides offer more than dry history, but I won't trade anecdotes for tje ability to do so e temporary self emersion by myself.
Another tip, or 2, depends on how many days in Granada. I went on a nigjt visit and tjen a day visit to Nazrid Palace. Personally, I found it magical and the lighting really accentuated the stucco depth and work. However, off season it may be limoted evenings or none at all. You can check beforehand. If there for 3 or more days, there is a Dobla d'Oro ticket whicj provides a timed Nazrid Palace entry, the gardens and Generalife as well as 3 days of entries to the other buildings in the organization. It is good for 3 consecutive days but doesn't have to start with the Alhambra. I see I got the night Dobla d'Oro and a general daytime one as well. It isn't tjat mich more expensive that a regular ticket and even though some of the buildings have some free entries, I see it as supporting a good cause.