Please sign in to post.

Alhambra tickets

I went online to www.alhambra-tickets.es to purchase in advance and get redirected to a ticket master site:

http://apc.ticketmaster.es/nav/landings/es/mucho_mas/entradas_alhambra/entradas.html?utm_campaign=ALH-weboficial&utm_source=alhambra-tickets.es&utm_medium=link&canalMB=ALH

I had trouble making the purchase work from this link. I couldn't see the selection fields. Is this the correct site or am I being mislead in redirection?

Posted by
7732 posts

Looks like the right page. You click comprar entradas or in english purchase tickets and then look at the bottom of the page and select the date from the calender and then what time and then it should prompt you to payment page.

Posted by
5188 posts

I agree with Jazz+Travels, you've linked the correct website for booking your Alhambra tickets.

This is the official website for The Alhambra, and it will eventually direct you to the ticketmaster web page you linked above [www.alhambra-tickets.es]

You can only book your tickets up to the end of May. June tickets are not available quite yet.

Please let us know if you're still having issues with the website.

Edit to add...

You can switch the web page to English by clicking on "English " - very small white letters on the top right (over the You tube logo), and under the word "Ticketmaster"

Posted by
48 posts

Hello,

I went to the site to buy tickets. I selected the 'Alhambra General' option. It is asking me to select a time and it is every hour yet there are only two tours to the Alhambra - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. So I am a little confused regarding what time to select. I selected, 8:30-9:30 option and it gave me only Nasrid Palace Also, it is giving two choices to pick up the tickets. Which is a better choice? We are staying at the Alhambra Hotel.
I am over 65 and but it appears that you have to be from EU to avail the discount. Am I right?
My name tells you how much I have traveled. :)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted by
5188 posts

Non Savvy Traveler,

It's recommended that you start your own post, however, I will answer your question as it may benefit the OP as well.

I went to the site to buy tickets. I selected the 'Alhambra General' option. It is asking me to select a time and it is every hour yet there are only two tours to the Alhambra - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. So I am a little confused regarding what time to select. I selected, 8:30-9:30 option and it gave me only Nasrid Palace Also, it is giving two choices to pick up the tickets. Which is a better choice? We are staying at the Alhambra Hotel.

Basically, you need to choose when you want to visit the Alhambra complex which is very large. You can choose morning ( 8:30 am-2 pm) or afternoon ( 2 pm- 6 or 8 pm), then you will choose a time to visit the Nasrid Palace.
You will have to enter the Nasrid Palace, at the time stamped on your ticket, or within 30 minutes after such time.
If you arrive 30 minutes after the time stamped on your ticket, you will not be allowed to enter the Nasrid Palace.

You will also need to get to the Generalife palace before your time period expires; 2pm if you've chosen a morning ticket, or 6-8pm, if you've chosen an afternoon ticket. Once you enter the ticket area, you can linger as long as you wish.

Keep in mind the you can visit the Carlos V Palace at any time, as it's free. We visited it on a different day.

My mom & I were in Granada in October (2015), & we chose an afternoon time for our visit to the Alhambra, because I'd read that the mornings are more crowded due to all the tour groups.

Having said this, I believe the Alhambra is always crowded, since it's the highlight of Granada!

• Regarding picking up your Alhambra tickets, you'll find your answer
    on this recent post.

• Make sure you bring the same credit card used when you booked your
    tickets as you will need it to retrieve/print your tickets.

• You may read about touring the Alhambra here.

I am over 65 and but it appears that you have to be from EU to avail the discount. Am I right?

Yes, you're right. You have to be a citizen of the European Union in order to receive a discount to the Alhambra.

Have an amazing trip!

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you everyone. After a couple of tries (internet timeout) we were able to buy tickets. The additional links are helpful!

Posted by
48 posts

I am struggling to buy tickets for July 1, 2017. The site hangs, gives error messages, but worst of all, it cannot validate my credit card information. It is able to connect to my credit card company but cannot process the transaction. I have entered and re-entered credit card information several times. I have called my credit card company twice and they stated they are not declining any requests and cannot even see any requests for authorization. I am in the United States.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there an alternate site to buy Alhambra tickets.

Thank you

Posted by
4527 posts

Some find their US credit cards don't work on the. Spanish Ticketmaster site. Try loco2 dot com

Posted by
26840 posts

Or try using PayPal. That is reported to work on some European websites that don't like US credit cards.

Posted by
5188 posts

Nonsavvytraveler,

You can buy your Alhambra tickets by calling +34 902 888 001.

Hope this helps!

Posted by
48 posts

Thanks, Priscilla for the phone number. I called and got a recording that the number is not recognized. :)

Posted by
48 posts

YAY!! MIRACLE! I USED A CREDIT CARD FROM A DIFFERENT BANK AND IT WORKED. MAYBE THE SITE DOES NOT LIKE CERTAIN AMERICAN BANKS. :)

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

Posted by
5188 posts

Nonsavvytraveler,

Thanks, Priscilla for the phone number. I called and got a recording that the number is not recognized. :)

Hmmm... I don't know why the phone number didn't work for you.
It's the number listed on the Alhambra website.

Did you dial 011 before the phone number?

This is what I dial to reach the Alhambra ticket sales staff: 011- 34- 902 888 001.

Posted by
5188 posts

Hello Nonsavvytraveller,

Yay! It's good to hear that you secured your Alhambra tickets!