Please sign in to post.

Advice requested - Andalusia trip planning around the Solheim Cup in September 2023

I am traveling mid September to the Solheim cup near Marbella and will be touring the area for about 8 days. I would appreciate advice on my initial itinerary. We intend to rent a car.

We could fly into Malaga, rent a car and drive to Seville or fly directly into Seville. We would spend a few days in Seville, drive to Granada for a few days and then to Marbella, where we could take an excursion to Ronda and then finish with the golf tournament and some relaxing time by the water before heading back to the US.

My friend loves museums and cultural activities, while I enjoy more active pursuits (doing things while seeing things - I reach saturation quickly in museums). Granada appeals to me more than Seville and I see us spending more time there.

Does this route make sense or is there a more logical sequence? BTW, I am not sure if we could even rent a car in one location and return it to another.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
4384 posts

You can rent a car and drop it in another, but in this itinerary I don’t see much need—it is well served by train and bus.
The itinerary looks fine, but I think you need to scale back your plans a bit or add some days.