Please sign in to post.

Advice on Proposed Itinerary- Spain 2018

Planning a trip in June 2018. We fly in and out of Barcelona. This is my proposed itinerary. Looking for feedback:

June 1st-5th- Barcelona

June 5th-7th- Sevilla

June 7th-10th- Madrid

June 10th-15th- Mallorca (my travel companion wants a few days to relax on a beach and I want to visit the Rafa Nadal Sports Experience)

June 15th-18th- Back to Barcelona with a day trip to Sitges.

We enjoy people watching, culture, nightlife, beaches and architecture.

Posted by
26840 posts

You've given yourself just one full day in Seville. June 5 and June 7 are travel days. I'd drop it and spend the time farther north. The city's average high temperature in June is 90F, and the record high for the month is 113.4F. You can take a look at actual day-by-day temperatures in recent years on wunderground.com; over 20 years' statistics are available. This year, for example, there were 11 June days when the temperature reached 100F or higher, though that didn't happen until a few days after you propose to be there.

Posted by
38 posts

I would consider a day trip from Barcelona to Figueres and Cadaques. Figueres has the Dali Museum which is incredible. There was so much more to him than the most famous paintings. Cadaques is in a breathtaking bay where Dali summered. Lunch of fresh fish looking at the water is an experience not to be missed.

Posted by
15560 posts

Unless you want to spend a lot of time looking at European paintings, I'd skip Madrid. There's nothing really interesting other than the superb art museums and it can get really hot too. Stick with the Costa Brava for more moderate weather. Consider 3 nights in Valencia instead of Sevilla. Stay a night or two in Girona and day-trip to Figueres. Tarragona has a nice old town.

Posted by
7175 posts

Yes, you need more time for Sevilla. I’d go with 3 nights in Barcelona at either end of the trip.

June 1st-4th- Barcelona
June 4th-7th- Sevilla - with day trip to Cordoba
June 7th-10th- Madrid - with day trip to Toledo
June 10th-15th- Mallorca
June 15th-18th- Barcelona - with day trip to Sitges

Posted by
786 posts

I would remove Madrid from the itinerary. We found it to be the least interesting spot on our recent trip to Spain. It's just another large city without much charm, and citizens who don't appear to appreciate tourists. Seville was an entirely different experience, so I would recommend adding days there. It's a beautiful city with warm and welcoming people. We took a quick trip from Sevilla to Cordoba to see the Meqzuita, which was well worth our time. Barcelona is fabulous! Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
7175 posts

Logistically this might work better ...

June
1st - Arrive in Barcelona - 3 nights
4th - Train to Madrid - 3 nights
7th - Train to Sevilla - 3 nights
10th - Fly to Mallorca - 5 nights
- Vueling VY3941 at 12:40
15th - Fly to Barcelona - 3 nights
- Air Europa UX6156 at 10:15
18th - Depart from Barcelona