Please sign in to post.

6 Days in Southern Spain

I struggling with the limited amount of time I have in Spain. I would like to get creative and cover as much as possible but still keep a balance with experiencing the local vibe and not rushing. That said, here's what I have so far:

Day 1: Land in Seville early in the morning (coming from Lisbon), tour the Cathedral, Alcazar and Giralda. (not sure if I can squeeze in a flamenco in the evening

2: Explore Seville (nothing planned but looking more to experience the city vs touristy sites)

3: Travel to Granada in the am, tour the Alhambra and stroll in the city in the evening

4: Travel to Cordoba, visit the Mosque-Cathedral and maybe Jewish Qtrs

5: Travel to Madrid, tour the city (combination of touristy sites + local experiences)

6: Tour Madrid (combination of touristy sites + local experiences)

7: Fly out of Madrid (AM flight)

Any feedback is appreciated.

Posted by
461 posts

Just go straight to Madrid.
Slow down and enjoy life.
España will still be there for your next visit.

Posted by
318 posts

Sounds a like a busy, fun trip. We very much enjoyed María Luisa park-- just walking around it and the plaza de espana, so I recommend you add that to your Seville list.

Happy travels!

Posted by
1009 posts

Have you checked actual train or bus routes to Granada? You will be rushing with what will essentially be one half day.

Not much Madrid time either. Many museums close on Monday if that is a potential “touristy site” for you.

Posted by
6277 posts

Sounds like quite a busy trip. I would prioritize Plaza de Espana over the Giralda.

When is this trip? You will want to purchase tickets in advance for the Alhambra (well in advance!) and the Sevilla Alcazar

Posted by
6978 posts

I don’t understand going from Sevilla to Granada just to backtrack to Córdoba, but I always have a rental car.

The Plaza de España is only a 10 minutes or so walk from the cathedral, so you should be able to fit it in. It’s nice to visit at night when it’s all lit up.

Posted by
6277 posts

Via train, I think the best way to Granada from Sevilla is thru Cordoba. And to leave Granada the only train route is again thru Cordoba

Posted by
318 posts

Wow. What nick said resonates with me on all his takes. Funny too.

I was not a fan of the flamenco. (Many others liked it though.)

Posted by
779 posts

Something like this could work... by not spending the night in Cordoba, that saves you one check in/check out. As someone else mentioned, make sure that you have your Alhambra ticket. You'd hate to make plans and then the tickets are sold out. I'm going in November and bought my tickets a couple of weeks ago.

Day 1: Land in Seville

Day 2: Seville

Day 3: Take early morning train (42 minutes) to Cordoba, explore sights, then take 1 hr 40 min evening train to Granada (leaves either 16:26 or 20:09). Sleep Granada

Day 4: Granada

Day 5: Take 06:56 train (3 hrs 47 mins) to Madrid

Day 6: Madrid

Day 7: Fly out of Madrid