Please sign in to post.

2019 Cordoba festival of the patios and crosses of May

Does anyone know the exact date of the 2019 festival of the patios and crosses of May competition in Cordoba? Website is quite vague. We will be there May1-3, hoping to see the festivals.
any comments on Hotel Claireles in Cordoba??
thanks..

Posted by
62 posts

I don't know the dates for next year, but I went this past May. It was marvelous. Stayed in Patios Del Orfebre, which was a marvelous, brand new small hotel. Simple, extremely clean, chic, well-located, with very kind staff. Really loved Cordoba.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for your reply. Someone from Malaga told me that the festival of the patios will begin 5/6 thru 5/13. And, the the start of the crosses of May begins Sunday closes to May 1. So, I think it will begin on 4/28 for 4 or 5 days..

Posted by
10 posts

I believe the 2019 precise dates will not be posted until close to the actual festival dates. We visited Cordoba during the 2018 festival and it was interesting but there are few things I would suggest you keep in mind. First, the patios close down during the siesta time of the day, so they are open in the morning and then later in the afternoon. The line-ups to get in to each patio can be quite long, but they do move along. To be honest, after a while, all the patios started to look somewhat the same. Worth going to see, but I wouldn't plan on spending more than an afternoon doing it. Don't forget to leave a euro or two for the patio owner. The TI in the train station will have a map showing the addresses of the open patios.

Here's a link to my blog post on Cordoba:
https://wp.me/p1x9xx-mw

Posted by
1 posts

The exact dates of The Patio Fest are May 6 to May 19. The Maycross Fest is May 1 to 5. A good site is Cordoba24.info, which is reliable and up-to-date. I will be in Cordoba the first week as I want to immerse myself in the experience and Cordoba generally after a three-day visit in November. It was beautiful then and I can't imagine what it will look like in May. Remember, even if you are not there for the actual Patio Fest, there are still Palacio de Viana and it's 13 coutryards, and Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos, both of which are beautiful and open to the public for a reasonable admission fee. I'll visit both again on my next visit. In addition you'll see amazing flowers and plants hanging off walls along most of the charming, narrow lanes. Enjoy!