Please sign in to post.

2 weeks in Spain- Seville to Barcelona Trip in June 2016

Have 2 weeks in Spain starting in Seville and plan on making our way to Barcelona (avoiding Madrid as we have been before)
Trying to toss up between trains and hire car.
Was leaning towards hire car as there will be more freedom to go see little villages etc
Besides Granada anyone have any itinerary suggestions?
Thanks!

Posted by
7175 posts

If your stays in Seville and Barcelona are included in your 2 week time frame then you really don't have the luxury of time to make a leisurely road trip between the two. Rent a car to drive between Seville and Granada, then fly to Barcelona.

Seville - 3 or 4 nights (day trip to Cordoba)
Jerez - 1 night
Ronda - 2 nights
Granada - 3 nights
Barcelona - 4 or 5 nights

Posted by
5 posts

Yes the 2 weeks includes Seville and Barcelona so flying from Granada does look like the best option!
Thanks!

Posted by
7175 posts

You could drive, but your limited time would probably only allow for a stop in Valencia between Granada and Barcelona. Weighing up the two, I don't think driving is worth it as it is a distance of over 500 miles.

Posted by
4535 posts

I agree with the others. Your trip really seems focused on the major cities, which a car is a real hassle and expense. Unfortunately Granada is not well connected by train (though by June the rail-line work should be done). If going to Barcelona from Granada, flying would be your best option. If you chose to skip Barcelona on this trip, since it is such a geographic outlier, you could easily spend 2 weeks touring Andalucía with a car (once finished with Sevilla and/or Granada). That would give you the time to explore the smaller towns and rural scenery there.

Posted by
513 posts

I mostly agree with David (above) with one major exception. I would recommend skipping Ronda and instead spending those two nights in Cordoba. It would be a shame to be that near to Cordoba (40 minutes by train from Seville) and not seeing the Mesquita, as well as other great sites in the city.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks for the advice everyone!
Looks like I need to reevaluate my trip!

I do need to end in Barcelona however as we are flying out of Barcelona to Vancouver.
Maybe train is the best option getting from place to place though.