Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Spain

We are taking a cruise out of Barcelona in May. We would like ideas on nice places to stay for the days before the cruise departs. Does anyone have any good recommendations. We like staying in nicer, but not great places. Thanks.

Posted by
338 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Constanza earlier this year and I would recommend it (http://www.hotelconstanza.com/). It's just to the north of the gothic quarter. The hotel also has a decent tapas restaurant next door.

Posted by
12172 posts

We stayed at Hostal Campi. I thought it was fine. We stayed on the back side, so it was quiet, clean and nice staff. One caveat, if ensuite is important to you, make sure you book that way - about half the rooms come with bathrooms down the hall.

Posted by
1189 posts

Hi,
We spent a week in a lovely Barcelona apartment we found on airbnb. It was about $110 per night. Nice little balcony. Beautiful shower and WC. And a really nice decorating job. We had a kitchen, living room, host that would respond in a flash, washing machine, solid wifi,...
airbnb may be fairly new, but we have used it on two trips, Spain, Greece and Turkey, and will continue to use it. Sure beats a hotel.

Select your city and nation, then use the slide to establish the price range that would make you happy, and whether you want a room or the whole apartment/house. You can zoom in on the map and it will show you the apartments/rooms in that area.
wayne iNWI

Posted by
993 posts

We stayed one night before our cruise last summer at Hotel Montecarlo, right on Las Ramblas but nice and quiet. Really nice place, I loved it a lot. I have seen rooms for expensive prices there - I booked many months out and got it for like 179 euro - then later saw it cheaper at 139 euro and I emailed and they adjusted the rate for me. :) Really nice and great service!

Kim

Posted by
513 posts

I have stayed a couple of times at the Hotel Gran Via on Gran Via. It is pretty centrally located, being only a very short walk (5+ minutes) from Placa Catalunya. The rooms and some of the common areas at the hotel have been renovated since I was last there two years ago, but that should only make it that much more of an appealing choice. Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking their interior courtyard.