Please sign in to post.

Bus travel

I will be using the bus a few times in October. Is it necessary to reserve tickets in advance? I am unable to do this on the internet.
Or, will I be ok getting the tickets a day ahead? Where are prices posted?

Specific Travel
Thursday, October 16: Bus from Seville to Granada
Saturday, October 18: Bus from Granada to La Linea

Monday, October 20: Bus from La Linea to Seville

Posted by
984 posts

'Is it necessary to reserve tickets in advance?' and 'Or, will I be ok getting the tickets a day ahead?'
I have never been on an intercity bus yet which was completely full, but who can read the future. If you want peace of mind you can purchase on line or beforehand by a day or two at the station (which is what I do if the schedule time matters). Mostly I turn up thirty minutes before departure.

From Seville to Granada - With the volume of buses per day you will be on one of them - www.alsa.es - but yes you can purchase in advance on line.

From Granada to Seville - Granada to Malaga with www.alsa.es and then http://www.avanzabus.com/web/default.aspx?lang=en -
Why not take the train Granada to Algeciras and local bus to La Linea, less time?

La Linea to Seville - Bus with T G Comes - schedule http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_33_english.htm

Got it?

Posted by
16893 posts

I also have never had a problem buying a bus ticket in that region on the day of travel, but stopping by the bus station a day or two ahead is another strategy.

Posted by
4535 posts

The buses between Sevilla and Granada run almost hourly. Just show up and buy a ticket for the next bus leaving. The trains, however, do fill up and run much less often.

Posted by
12172 posts

99 percent of the time, you won't have a problem with a bus selling out. You can go to the station, buy your ticket and board your bus.

My personal technique is to stop by the bus station the evening before, buy my ticket (even if a bus sells out, it won't be sold out the night before), and figure out where and when to catch my bus so I can plan my next day.

Posted by
23267 posts

Our experience is similar to Brad. We have never had a problem getting bus tickets the day of travel.