Please sign in to post.

Trip to Spain

We are traveling to Spain for a 10 day vacation in the middle of Sept. We will be spending 3 nights in Barcelona and then are planning on renting a car and driving to Girona and either Cadaques or Tossa for a day or two on the beach. Which would you recommend? We are trying to decide whether to fly to Seville for 4 nights and taking a day trip to Cordoba or Ronda and seeing the sights around Seville or possibly taking the train to Zaragoza and driving to the Basque region and ending up in Madrid. Right now our tickets back are from Barcelona but I'm trying to change them to Madrid. Would you recommend skipping the Costa Brava and seeing the beaches in San Sebastian and Bilbao if we end up doing the Basque region? We like to intersperse our city visits with some relaxing days also. We are just trying to maximize our time. I realize we can't do it all in 10 days!

Posted by
4535 posts

Haven't been to Tossa but Cadaques is delightful. Worth an overnight and visit the Dali house in nearby Port Lligat (must pre-book) and drive out to Caps de Creus. Girona is reportedly very nice and I also recommend the Dali Museum in Figueres. With an overnight in Cadaques, you can do one the first day and the other the next.

Do change your return flight to Madrid if you can, much more efficient.

The two regions you mention are completely different in every way. People will tell you which one they prefer, but you'll have to choose. With 10 days total, you'll only be skimming the surface.

Posted by
12172 posts

Any of the little beach towns would be great. I'd probably opt for Tossa or Arenys - less famous is likely to be less crowded with cheaper lodging and food.