Please sign in to post.

Traveling from Spain to Morocco

Essentially I'm traveling from Barcelona to Casablanca from the 21-28 June. With stops in Valencia and Malaga (2 days in each Valencia and Malaga) and then 3 full days crossing the strait of Gibraltar to Casablanca when I exit the country.
I'm going solo and without any experience in either country and I gather that at times some movements can be confusing or impossible when bound by a certain timeframe.

Anybody tried such a trip? How were ferry wait times? Once in Tangier, how was travel thereafter? Bus or by train?

Cheers,

Ben

Posted by
16893 posts

Sometimes it's hard to know whether a ferry company is displaying a departure time or an embarkation time, but do plan to check in for the ferry at least one hour in advance of the stated departure time.

Train from Tanger to Casablanca Voyageurs station by train is very easy, 7x/day direct, or more with a connection, 5 hours. Take a taxi to the "new" Tanger train station (10 - 20 dirham, taxi driver should use the meter). See www.oncf.ma for train schedules but buy tickets at the station.

I recommend traveling with the Lonely Planet Morrocco guidebook, or at least the chapters you need.