Please sign in to post.

Vueling Airline

Has anyone flown this airline while in Spain? I see a lot of mixed reviews.

Posted by
6898 posts

Vueling is a well known Spanish budget airline. As with any budget airline in the EU, read the travel conditions on their websites - especially the luggage weight, size and carry-on limits. They do charge extra for large and overweight luggage and they DO check. Lots of extra money here.

Posted by
8052 posts

Like Easyjet, Vueling is totally clear about its requirements and if you follow them including checking in on line early (it opens up weeks before the flight) and buying your luggage check early rather than at the gate, you get good prices and smooth travels. Our experiences of Easyjet and Vueling have been about the same as with the legacy carriers at in one case literally a tenth the price.

We just did a 9 hour flight on United in the States in which no food was offered (except to purchase) and the movies were for a fee -- and the baggage was $25 a bag. So I see no advantages anymore in traveling on the high price legacy airlines instead of the budget carriers. I used to joke that the food on Southwest was better than the expensive lines on long flights -- now that is literally true.

Posted by
75 posts

Thank you so much for the info and experience with the airline. It really helped me out!

Posted by
388 posts

Your questions is answered well on this thread.

Posted by
11507 posts

Vueling allows you one carry on.. AND one small carry on personal item( purse or camera bag) where as Easyjet allows you ONLY one carry on.. I shove my purse in my carry on for Easyjet.
Vueling was fine.. I have used them twice.

Posted by
11507 posts

Lori I would not go by memory .. things can change.. you need to go on the Vueling website and confirm that information for yourself.