Please sign in to post.

EasyJet carry-ons

Four of us are flying from Málaga, Spain, to Milan, Italy, on EasyJet. We each will have one Rick Steves convertible carry-on bag. We have pre-checked one of our bags in which we will put liquids, bulkier stuff, etc. and are planning to carry on the others, since they are soft-sided and collapsible. Will this work? Has anyone flown EasyJet with the RS bags? Should we pre-check any other bags? The policy says 56 x 45 x 25 cm (22 x 17.7 x 9.8 inches) is the maximum size for carry-ons, but if they are short of overhead space they will check bags larger than 50 x 40 x 20 cm (19.7 x 15.7 x 9.8 inches) - not sure if they charge for that. Since we all have the extra legroom/Speedy Boarding option we should be able to board early enough to get overhead bin space, as long as the bag is small enough - it appears to be.
(I posted this in the Transportation Forum as well - hope that's ok.)

Posted by
2023 posts

Just be aware that EJ allows only one item to carry on---purse would be second item and you will have to stuff it into that carryon. I had this experience last fall. EJ used to be more lenient on this but no longer.

Posted by
8055 posts

I have seen a forced last minute check when the wheels of a small rollerboard would not fit the cage -- and last minute checks are very pricey. Only one carry on so purse or camera bag must go in the suitcase which must fit the cage. If the bag including wheels is clearly within the space requirement you should be okay but there is no forgiveness for 'almost '. We just checked a bag each and then carried our heaviest stuff on in a messenger bag that was well under the dimensions. We were in Europe for three months across two seasons so we needed a medium rather than smallest bag. It is not expensive to pre-check a bag if you have any doubts you come in under the dimensions.