Please sign in to post.

BArcelona Hotel Recommendations

My wife and I am traveling to Barcelona in June and we are looking for a nice hotel or a B and B in Barcelona that is easy accessible from the airport.

Posted by
3095 posts

We stayed at Hotel Jazz, a modern three-star hotel with a pool and terrace on the roof. It is very close to Plaça Catalunya ( best location) and easily accessible from the airport by the Aerobus. Get off at the Universität stop ( next to last) and you are a block away.

Posted by
44 posts

June is high season. If you want small & affordable Hostal Goya on Pau Claris a few minutes walk from Placa Catalunya. Hop on the Aerobus from Barcelona-El Prat airport to final stop P. Catalunya.

Posted by
4 posts

I've moved from hotels to apartments for my stays in Barcelona. Better value and larger spaces. However I have stayed at Hotel Pulitzer a few times, and have enjoyed it. Right off Placa Catalunya. Quiet, cool, modern, laid back yet sophisticated.

Posted by
32198 posts

paul,

You might try NH Barcelona Centro. If you take the AeroBus from the airport, you'll be dropped at Plaça Catalunya and from there it's only about a 10 minute easy walk along La Rambla to reach the hotel (it's actually one street behind La Rambla).

It's in a great location, the rooms are nicely appointed, the staff are very helpful and they serve a great breakfast (one of the most extensive buffets I've seen anywhere in Europe, including Champagne as I recall). One suggestion about the breakfast though. The staff will cook eggs to order, but don't order the "breakfast sausages" with them, as you'll be served cocktail weenies. If you normally have that kind of breakfast, the bacon is a better choice.

Happy travels!

Posted by
77 posts

Hotel Gaudi. Great location - right across the street from one of Gaudi's lesser-known buildings. Off the Ramblas in a quieter part of town. Well-priced.

Posted by
339 posts

Cross-Pollinate.com had very nice apartments and B and B's in Barcelona. We stayed at an apartment in a great neighborhood last year.

Posted by
121 posts

Claire, can you share that apartment info? Thanks.

Posted by
162 posts

Just a FYI:

Hotel Jazz - around $277 USD per night
Hostal Goya around $189 “
Hotel Pulitzer around $225 - 265
Hostel La Terrassa from $63 to 112
Hotel Gaudi from $169 up ( For late May it came up $370 for two nights)
NH Barcelona Centro. - $160 up