Please sign in to post.

10 Nights in Spain - Barcelona and Seville?

I fly into Barcelona in May and have 10 nights to explore, then fly to Paris for a few nights before my flight home. I did not do my proper map research prior to booking my flights or planning anything out otherwise I would have flown in and OUT of Spain.

I am looking at 5-6 nights in Barcelona. First night would be recovering from travel from the US. Other days: I definitely want to see La Sagrada Familia, Palau de Musica Catalana, Montjunc Fountain, and Parc Guell, playtime on the water, etc. I would definitely dedicate a day trip to Montserrat.

My heart wants to spend the rest of my nights in Seville and Granada (I really want to see La Alhambra). Would doing this route (fly into Barcelona-train to Seville- flight to Paris) eat up too much time in travel? I want someone to be realistic with me.

I like a mixture of museum, parks, hiking, food, wine, wandering..... ok, I like doing a little of everything!

Posted by
1070 posts

Personally, depending on what time your plane lands in Barcelona I would fly straight on to Seville, spend your first night in Seville recovering from flights. Then spend a few days in Seville including a long day trip to Granada (you can do an organised tour that takes around 11 hours), then fly or train back from Seville to Barcelona, then onto Paris. It takes about 45 minutes to get from Barcelona airport into the city so minimising how often you need to do it makes sense.

You also will have more choice of flights to Paris from Barcelona than from Seville.

We did La Sagrada Familia and Palau de Musica Catalana on the same day and ended up with sore necks from all the looking up at ceilings. So suggest separating these if you can. Not sure what you mean by "playtime on the water" but we found the beaches in Barcelona very disappointing. They had lots of litter and no shade.

Posted by
12 posts

We would advise skipping Park Guell.
We enjoyed Hospital de Sant Pau, which is near Sagrada.
We LOVED Alhambra. We hired Margarita Ortiz, as recommended here; she was excellent.
Phil & Casey

Posted by
3395 posts

I agree with the suggestion to see Saint Pau. It's about a 10 minute walk from Sagrada Familia, with maybe 1/100th as many visitors. Between Saint Pau and the Palace of Catalan Music, I much prefer Montaner to Gaudi. Consider getting tickets to a performance at the Palace of Catalan Music.

I'm not sure that I would suggest skipping Park Guell, but the Monumental Zone gets really crowded really fast. If selfie sticks annoy the eff out of you, you might be better off skipping it.

We used Spanish Trails for a number of day trips out of Barcelona. If you like wine, consider a day trip to the Priorat Wine Country. They offer a day trip to Montserrat with a Cava tasting.

https://spanish-trails.com/

I think you definitely have enough time to take the train to Seville, spend a few days, and then fly back to Paris.