Please sign in to post.

San Sebastian

Hi guys,

Have settled on bringing car-as previously stated-and because of previous suggestions, will park car in Hotel in San Sebastián, so looking for hotels please, one hotel for two weeks, we will be 73 and management will be 68🤫

We require 3* and above, king size bed-a must, room with sea/water view. Near coast/fishing port/harbour, walkable(fairly agile-at moment🤞) to markets/tapas bars.

EXPERIENCED suggestions please, and are there plenty of food options to negate need for H/B or full board, are there all-inclusive? are they necessary?

Thanks guys, in advance😇😇😇, if you have RECENT experiences or hotels that fit our criteria nearer Santander.

Posted by
6893 posts

Hi!

San Sebastián is arguably the food capital of Spain: it would be a shame to restrict yourselves to half-board, if it is even available.

As far as I know, the only hotels with a sea view that are walkable to the city center (and train stations for day trips) are the ones along the Concha beach (Londres, Niza - which has small rooms - and Villa Favorita), and the Lasala above the fishing harbor. They will be expensive; I cannot imagine a sea view room costing less than €300/night in May...

EDIT: looks like I missed two: Sanse Bay near the Lasala by the harbor, and Parma right at the mouth of the river. The latter seems more affordable.

Posted by
488 posts

There's hotels of all varieties within walking distance of the coast, whether you want beach resort type of visibility or, a cute harbor, San Sebastian has it. I've stayed a bit more inland so, a 20-min walk from the water's edge versus, open up my window and watch the waves type of location. For food options, no need to eat hotel food, San Sebastian is one of the great gastronomic food capitols of the world, from Michelin-stars to hidden gem counters, don't coup yourself up, indulge. What you won't have to do is drive, no need and no place to park so, leave it at hotel parking for a few days.

Harbor Area - right in the old town center, where all the lively pintxos bars are and next to the harbor and aquarium, can't get any more central
Lasala Palaza Hotel - We stayed next door and would like to return here on our next trip.
Sanse Bay Hotel- We stayed here on my second trip to Donostia, would recommend it to anyone
Ur-Alde- Much more basic than the previous two locations but, modern and 60-second walk to the shoreline

Zurriolla Badia
Parma Hotel- located in the old town but faces both the river and bay, great long view of the ocean shoreline

Playa de la Concha
Hotel de Londres- facing the picturesque scalloped beach and protected bay, within easy walk of old town. Likely a bit easier to negotiate with vehicle than those harbor locations.

Posted by
34 posts

We stayed at Catalonia Donosti. Great view of the bay and breakfast was awesome. A little walk to Old town. Easy walk, maybe less than a mile. Check out the restaurants by the pier. We discovered them on our walk down from the Monte Urgull. Great prices and the food looked wonderful! If you like to hike there are great trails to take to different towns and bus or train back.