Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendation for Sitges

Hi,
Traveling to Sitges this June, for some beach time between Madrid and Barcelona.
Any recommendations?
-Rich Martin

Posted by
270 posts

There are a number of things to consider for Sitges hotels. First, the timing. Sitges Pride is in June. If you're planning to be there during this time, do you want to stay in the heart of the gay district? It may be noisy, but it may be fun. So, if that's not your cup of tea, look at the maps and choose a hotel that a bit far away from that part of the city. Even when it's not pride week, that part of the city is "lively," so, keep that in mind. There's a great section of the city called Playa San Sebastian. It's near the beach, the old town, and not far from the train station. There is a lot of selection of hotels there and they span the budget spectrum.

Also, check out the hotels that are a few blocks away from the beach if you're looking for a bargain. There are quite a few charming places and the beach is not far at all. I use booking maps to see where the hotels are located. If you like golf, there is a large hotel about 1.5 miles away from down town (heading south) called Terramar. It's quite luxurious and has access to the beach, has two pools, I think. But it's a ways from town. There is a little "train" that runs up and down the beach road (I think it's 3-4 e each way).

Near the northern part of the city is the port. Really nice hotels there, too with views of the marina.

I prefer to be near the old town - Hotel San Sebastian is beautiful, but somewhat expensive.

This year, we're trying Terramar. We'll be there in July. Good luck.

Posted by
5 posts

Another vote for Hotel Medium Sitges Park. Small clean rooms and excellent breakfast.