Please sign in to post.

Hotel Near Madrid Airport

We stayed one night at the Maydrit Hotel, near Barajas Airport. The hotel has much to recommend it. The price was very reasonable - - a little over €100/night for a super clean, good-sized, modern room. Breakfast is included, and the restaurant serves up quite acceptable lunches and dinners. A free shuttle to or from the airport completes the package of features.

The best thing, however, was the friendly and helpful staff. The day before we were to catch a flight to Casablanca, to meet up with our tour group, I received an email from Iberia Air that our flight had been canceled. The included phone# gave a recorded message, in bullet speed Spanish. I know enough to catch the word for unavailable. I asked one of the men at reception for help who told me that Iberia will actually have seats available for passengers with special circumstances. He had a number to call, and got through immediately. He explained that we were needing to meet up with a tour group; and, voila!, a seat was found on Royal Maroc Airlines, leaving just an hour later than our original one.
Throughout our stay, all staff were similarly kind and helpful.

Posted by
270 posts

I second this recommendation. We usually stay here the night before we fly out of Madrid. If you have time, the subway station is a short walking distance from the hotel and you can get most anywhere on the subway. They have a pool and a decent restaurant. Nice, clean rooms and a friendly staff.

Posted by
11294 posts

Sounds like a find - thanks for posting about it!