Please sign in to post.

Granada--Restaurants

We are looking for restaurant suggestions in Granada. Suggestions can included tapas or a full scale restaurant. Thanks.

Posted by
6290 posts

We were there several years ago. Here are a few notes I made at the time:

Lunch at Bodega de Gran Via (sorry, no address) €9, very good lunch.

Dinner at La Cueva de 1900 (not the same day.) Again, I didn't note the address, but I remember it was close to our hotel, and was very near the main square in the old part of town - near the Alhambra. "Very good; great salad, great pork loin, very good house wine." I think we also had a plate of cold cuts, but maybe not.

Posted by
7278 posts

Hi, I'm preparing to be in Spain very soon. A co-worker of mine who has excellent taste in restaurants recommends:

Los Diamantes for the best fried fish. it's like a bar, thus not fancy, but food is really spectacular. Order Surtido de pescado 1/2, Calamares fritas 1/2, rice arros, cogollos con ajo. Exiting Los Diamantes, go to Los Italianos & order Tarta al Café.

I see that Los Diamantes is also recommended in the RS Spain book.

Posted by
2173 posts

We really enjoyed Meson el Trillo. Do reserve, then ring the bell when you arrive.

Posted by
40 posts

We were in Granada last year and had dinner at Carmen Mirador de Aixa across from the Alhambra. The food was delicious and the view was beautiful.

Posted by
72 posts

I don't have names of the places we went but I highly recommend grabbing a cana (small beer) or glass of wine in any hole in the wall in the Albaicin. You will get a small tapa dish for free with your drink... you really can't go wrong... even if you don't like the tapa you get - you can down your beer and proceed to the next place. Part of the adventure is discovering your own special place. Down by the cathedral are some cool places. We just looked for any place with locals pouring out the door and ventured in... a great experience!

Posted by
57 posts

Must try: Restaurante en Albaicin ABEN HUMEYA con Vistas a Alhambra rated one of Zagat's top ten Romatic restaurants. Reserve a table by deck railing for an unobstructed view of the Alhambra. Go in time for sunset. Dinner was excellent and not too expensive. Another must do restaurant/coffee, afternoon aperitif is.Gran Cafe Bib-Ramble Granada's oldest coffee shop. Its doors have never closed since 1907. Sit at the bar and watch Pepe make Churros, he's been there for 30 years. We loved to just hang out there. Its located in the city's historical centre.