Please sign in to post.

Granada - Hotel Casa 1800 Grande

Our two night stay at Hotel Casa 1800 was wonderful! A superior room, booked directly with the hotel, was 125 Euros per night for 2 nights, breakfast and afternoon tea included. The location in the heart of old town was perfect; our room was pleasant and nicely decorated, and had an electric kettle with packets of coffee and tea; the very modern bathroom had an excellent shower; and hotel staff was delightful, always helpful, and spoke excellent English. The breakfast offered a wide variety of foods that were fresh and delicious, including eggs, meats, cheeses, breads, donuts, sweets, and fresh fruits along with many types of coffee, tea, and juice. We made it a point to return to the hotel for the afternoon tea of sandwiches, breads and jams, muffins, donuts, cookies, fruits, coffees, and teas. Tables were set up in the serving area and in the lovely central courtyard. The cost of the hotel was very reasonable for the quality of the hotel, the location, and the included food. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily book here should we ever return to Granada.

Posted by
207 posts

This hotel sounds perfect for me. Thank you! How did you get to Granada and how many nights were you there? I really like to stay in one place for at least 3 nights. Thanks again, Kathy

Posted by
231 posts

Kathy - We took the fast train from Barcelona to Granada and booked it several weeks ahead as we wanted to get to Granada as early as possible so had to take the very early morning train (about 7 am). The ride was pleasant and on time. We only stayed in Granada two nights, which gave us a day and a half. I'm sure there was more to see but we were primarily interested in the Alhambra and spent several hours there. Be sure to book those tickets FAR in advance. We had to create our whole itinerary around the availability of these tickets. We did love the hotel and hope that it works for you. Take advantage of the included breakfast and tea as both were wonderful.