Please sign in to post.

Granada - Flamenco

Hola,
I am looking for the name of the " gypsy den" on Sacromonte that Rick featured in his show about Granada.
Being familiar with gypsy neighborhoods and "shows" in Eastern Europe, I don't want to put myself in a difficult situation.
Thank you.

Posted by
17 posts

If your uneasy, I'd ask at the Tourism Office. Sometimes they have excursions organized, or others have left names who are looking for a companion. Don't miss flamenco in the "cuevas" (caves). El Gallo is the one I went to if I remember correctly.

Posted by
1546 posts

We went to the one from the show when we were there in 2016. I'm sorry I can't remember the name but wanted to say we felt perfectly safe and we walked to and fro from our hotel for the (very) late show.

Staff treated us very well including a few free drinks when we arrived too early and the early show was still underway.

The hotel had the brochures and we asked them to make our booking.

It was definitely a highlight of our trip.

Posted by
12 posts

After some research I found one of the "caves" Rick featured in a show about Granada: Maria la Canastera. This place claims to have had many "famous" visitors: from the Prince of Wales to Bill Clinton.

Posted by
13 posts

Zambra María la Canastera performances are, in a word, amazing, and the round trip shuttle service makes getting to/from la cueva and your pick-up point very convenient. Tip: ask your hotel to purchase tickets and obtain shuttle information on your behalf.