Please sign in to post.

car rental question

Hi all - Can we pick up a rental car upon our departure in Granada and drop off in Cordoba? Or would it have to be returned to the same Granada location? We need this car for three days since our accommodation is in the rural area of Cordoba and the use of a car is necessary. Our plan would be to drop it off in the city center of Cordoba and then take a bus to Seville. Does this plan make sense?

Thanks, Mary

Posted by
4876 posts

It's been years but I rented a car in one city (Barcelona?) and drove around for a few days before dropping it off in Sevilla, as I recall.

As you check with various car companies, compare the fee, if any, for dropoff in a different location than pickup.

Posted by
11361 posts

We rented in Granada and dropped off as we arrived in Sevilla. We do this all the time. Just don't try to drop off in another country or you'll pay a steep fee.

Posted by
16894 posts

Any of the major agencies (such as Europcar, Hertz, Avis, maybe Budget or Enterprise, too) will have offices in both cities. Autoeurope.com is one US agent that works with and compares several of these if you do a price search.

Posted by
11294 posts

Within a country, there is usually either no extra charge or a minimal extra charge to pick up and drop off a car in different cities. Once you start picking up in one country and dropping in another, the charges escalate/skyrocket.

From Cordoba to Seville, you can take the bus or the train. On this route, there are AVANT trains that run almost as fast as AVE trains and are much cheaper. In Cordoba, the bus and train stations are across the street from one another.

Posted by
1 posts

They mentioned steep fees for dropping your rental car in another country. I rented a car in Paris and dropped off in Amsterday after two weeks of running around most of Europe and the fee was over 900 euros. So make sure you really have to do such a thing or the fee will hurt. FYI