Please sign in to post.

Best Central 3 star Hotels in Barcelona Jan 2019?

Recommendations for central (Old City or close to), not too loud, affordable hotel?
Jan 1-4.
Considering Hotel Jazz, Midmost, El Jardi, Catalonia Portal de l’Angel, and of course, AirBnb.

Thanks!

Posted by
6291 posts

We stayed at Portal de l'Ángel some years ago on the RS Barcelona/Madrid tour, and loved it. Not noisy at all, with an amazing breakfast spread. Very helpful staff, as well. It seemed a bit pricey to us, but we did love it.

Posted by
343 posts

We stayed at Catalonia Portal de l’Angel last year and loved it. Great location for getting in from the airport on the airport bus and for walking to all of the things you want to do. Beautiful room and very quiet.

Posted by
16254 posts

I will endorse Hotel Jazz. We spent three nights there and really enjoyed it, especially the rooftop terrace for an relaxing drink in the late afternoon. The location is great; very close to Plaça Catalunya but not right on the busy square. If using the airport bus, get off at the stop before Plaça Catsluna ( Universität). Hotel Jazz is just one block from there.

We did not take breakfast at the hotel as my husband prefers to go to a local bar for his coffee and a croissant. Café Bra ( Brazilian coffee) was nearby and very good.

Posted by
3961 posts

I second Hotel Jazz! As previous contributor mentioned- centrally located. We were there 2 years ago in September so we were able to enjoy the roof top pool area and bar to relax after a busy day. We enjoyed the ample breakfast buffet. We spent 5 wonderful nights. Highly recommend.

Posted by
2707 posts

We enjoyed the Hotel Catalonia Portal de l’Angel when we stayed as part of the RS Spain tour. Location was very good on a pedestrian only street so no traffic noise. Breakfast was the best of the entire tour. Nice relaxing pool area, small bar for afternoon libations. The rooms were well furnished enough outlets, good linens.

Posted by
124 posts

I second what Alan said. Although I did not take the tour when he did, I stayed at the Hotel Catalonia Portal de l’Angel as part of my RS Spain tour and was very pleased. Very quiet and comfortable, a good breakfast, and a great location from which to take an early morning walk before our daily group activities.

Posted by
518 posts

We stayed at Hotel Grau also a few years ago. Found in the RS book. Excellent location for us. Highlight for me in Barcelona was the Fat Tire Bike Tour and day trip to Monserrat.

Posted by
381 posts

I recommend the Musik Boutique. Extremely quiet, 3 stars, outstanding breakfast, walkable neighborhood near the Arc de Triomf. I don't know what you consider affordable, but for Barcelona it was quite reasonable.