Please sign in to post.

Barcelona to Sitgis?

Anyone been to Sitgis? How to get there? What to do?

Posted by
270 posts

There's a train that leaves from Barcelona directly to Sitges. You can buy a ticket at the machine in the Train station - I think it's like 4 Euros. Since Sitges is not the final stop of the train, I usually have to ask someone which train goes to Sitges -- there are two -- I think Sant Vicenç de Calders and Vilanova i la Geltrú. If I'm not mistaken they usually leave from the same two adjacent platforms and they come pretty frequently. It's about 35-40 minute ride and the train station in Sitges is about a 10 minute walk to the beach. Do a google search for more info. It will probably be more accurate than my info. Buen viaje. Bon viatge

Posted by
40 posts

Thanks for the info. Is Sitgis worth the trip?

Posted by
7260 posts

Is Sitges worth the trip? In which month of the year? Instead of doing what?

It’s more like Provincetown than like Truro, but the low tide beach is amazingly wide. The swimming is probably better on Cape Cod, but there's less topless suntanning in the US. I’m sure Sitges is more interesting on a warm weekend.

Posted by
40 posts

We are going on Rick’s tour 10/20. We are arriving 3 days early before the tour starts in Barcelona. Just seeking an adventure to another city.

Posted by
27057 posts

Does the tour go to Girona? If not, I would definitely go there rather than Sitges. I've been to both places and did enjoy Sitges, but to me they are not remotely in the same league.

Posted by
270 posts

I love Sitges. It is as relaxed or as crazy as you want it to be. If you like beaches (during warm months), there's that. There's walking/people watching, shopping and dining. I love the restaurants, I love the bars and I like how there are a good number of English speakers there. If you want to night club, there's plenty of that, too. Mostly gay clubs. I find the people there to be extremely friendly and relaxed. There are a few museums, too. If you have a day that you would like to spend walking along the promenade, having good food and seeing beautiful views, I vote yes. If you're looking to see touristy things, this may not be the place for you.

Posted by
270 posts

If you're traveling direct from the airport to Sitges, there is a bus, Monbus, that leaves like every 30 minutes or hour. It's fast, pretty comfortable (depending on the number of people on it) and it's cheap. If you're tired and want to take a cab, it's about 70 euros.

Posted by
954 posts

We took a day trip when we went to Barcelona in 2017. Super easy train ride. The town is darling but our goal was to have a day at the beach and the weather was a bit overcast. Without good weather for the beach, there wasn't much to do other than have a lovely lunch. In hindsight, we wish we had gone to Montserrat.