Please sign in to post.

madrid hotel recommendations

My 21 year old daughter and I will be in Madrid May 25-28. I need a centrally located mid-priced hotel. Any suggestions?

Posted by
9363 posts

Hotel Europa, near the Puerto del Sol, is a favorite of many of my friends. I haven't stayed there personally, but I know a number of people who rave about it.

Posted by
339 posts

I have stayed at the Hotel Europa and it was great. Very centrally located, close to metro lines. Reasonable prices.

Posted by
837 posts

You can also try Hotel Opera -- it is very close to the Royal Palace and the Opera metro stop.

Posted by
15582 posts

Another vote for the Europa. I chose it after research on Trip Advisor. On my second day there, the lobby was filled with blue-book toting tourists. . . . it is also an RS tours hotel.

I had a room with a small balcony overlooking the plaza - fantastic. Even though one morning I was awakened at an ungodly hour by the loading/unloading of beer kegs underneath. Still, I wouldn't have traded the balcony and the view. Great location, 2 minutes' walk to the metro, several city buses and the HOHO bus stops. There's also a big supermarket a block away. Walking distance (downhill) to the Thiessen and even the Prado museums.

Posted by
7297 posts

We've been to the Hotel Preciados twice. It's nicer and quieter than Europa. It's a "business" hotel rather than a "Rick Steves" hotel. But the restaurant on the ground floor at the Europa is good and a bargain - at least a few years ago.

Posted by
2 posts

i think Hotel Barcelo Castellana Norte it is located in business district and offers access to madrid airport i used a certain web site know as viztravel , thishotel offers discount on booking