Please sign in to post.

Slovenia/Croatia Itinerary

Hi all,

End of May 2018 we will be going to Slovenia/Croatia for 15 nights. We plan to spend 2 nights in Ljubljana and 2 nights in Lake Bled. In RS book he says to go straight to lake bled from the airport via bus, get rental car, stay 2 nights then traveling through the Julian alps back to Ljubljana. The problem we see with this is then we will have to pay for the rental car in Ljubljana and it seems you don't need a car there at all. Our question is does it make sense to start the trip in Ljubljana then pick up the car and then head to lake bled? After lake bled and Julian alps we will be heading to Motovun, Croatia. It doesn't seem that much of a difference in travel time compared to Ljubljana.

We have one more question. We have one extra night to put somewhere. The rest of the trip we will be spending in Motovun (2), Plitvice (1), Split (2), Hvar (2), and Dubrovnik (3). We are leaning towards staying another night in Slovenia. Any recommendations? I'm posting this on the Croatia forum too, sorry for the double post.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Adam

Posted by
50 posts

Start in Ljubljana, pick up a car and go to Bled and Triglav National Park with Soca Valley. I would add one day to Slovenia as there is so much to see.
On Croatian part I would change Motovun for just one night and add Korcula.