I'm planning to hike Mount Triglav solo in late September, and am starting to solidify my plans. The itinerary I'm thinking about is as follows...
• Friday and Saturday. I'm booked to stay in Bled both nights. I'll be getting into Bled on Friday evening and am planning to explore the area the following day.
• Sunday. I'd get an early start from Bled and drive my rental car to the the Krma route trailhead or Pokljuka route trailhead. As long as the weather is looking okay by the time I reach the alpine huts near Triglav, I'd summit Triglav that afternoon and then make my way down past the Dolicu hut to the Prehodavcih hut. (If the weather isn't great, I'd instead stay the night at the Kredicaria hut or Planika hut, and summit the following morning.)
• Monday. From the Prehodavcih hut, I'd continue down the Seven Lakes route to the Savici hut trailhead, and then get a ride to my hotel in Bohinj.
• Tuesday. I'd get a ride back to my rental car, which as mentioned would either be at the Krma trailhead or Pokljuka trailhead.
I'm open to any feedback and suggestions folks have! I also have a few specific questions...
1) As touched on, I haven't yet decided whether I'd ascend via the Krma route or Pokljuka route. Any recommendations? I'm a pretty experienced hiker, so assuming they're reasonably comparable, I'd prefer to take the more scenic of the two, whichever that is.
2) From the top of the Krma and Pokljuka routes, what's the better route to the summit, the trail that takes you past the Kredarica hut or the trail that takes you past the Planika hut?
3) As mentioned, I'd like to leave myself the flexibility to stay at Kredarica or Planika if the weather isn't looking okay for a Sunday afternoon summit, in which case I'd instead summit the following morning. Would that require me to hold two reservations, one for the Kredarica or Planika hut, and the other for the Prehodavcih hut? Or is there generally day-of availability for a Sunday night in late September?
4) How is the descent heading west from the summit towards the Dolicu hut? There's a lot written about ascending and descending the summit from the east, but I haven't been able to find as much about descending the summit heading west.
5) For the end of the day on Monday, what's my best bet for getting a ride from the Seven Lakes trailhead, at the Savici hut, to my hotel in the Bohinj area? Is there a bus? If not, is it relatively easy to get a taxi? About how much would I pay?
6) For Tuesday morning, what's my best bet for getting a ride from a hotel in the Bohinj area to my rental car, which would be at either the Krma trailhead or Pokljuka trailhead?
7) Any recommendations on where to rent via ferrata equipment in Bled before departing for the hike?
Thanks in advance!