Please sign in to post.

Piran

Piran or Treiste, which would you choose for a beautiful 2 days on the coast! thanks!

Posted by
2299 posts

TRIESTE ... it's no contest. So, so much history in Trieste and a whole lot of architectural delights to back that up.

Posted by
5687 posts

There is most certainly more history in Trieste, but I found Piran (tiny compared to Trieste) utterly charming and fun. In rainy weather I'd prefer Trieste for sure, but I found it more interesting than appealing.

Posted by
2173 posts

I second what Andrew said. I haven't been to Piran but would love to go.

Posted by
4600 posts

Trieste appeals to me more for things to see and do. Piran was fabulous for somewhere memorable just to be.

Posted by
16 posts

I loved Piran when I went but you can also see pretty much everything the town has to offer in about an afternoon. That said, if all you want to do is relax in a charming environment, could easily spend 2 days there.

Posted by
2026 posts

We’ve never been to Trieste but we spent a day in Piran on a cruise that stopped in Koper. It was a pleasant day and I would agree with kevlar, above. We don’t factor in much relax time on our travels so I see places in a different light perhaps. Safe travels.

Posted by
2299 posts

Liking the Udine photos, yet another smaller Italian city that gets overlooked.

Posted by
13 posts

Thank you all for the comments and pictures! Thought we’d relax with a lovely view before we started our Adriatic tour! Appreciate it !

Posted by
5376 posts

Piran is my happy place. If you’re lucky you’ll be there for a flea market.