Please sign in to post.

Julian Alps tour

I' m looking for reccomendations for a full-day tour of the Julian Alps from Lake Bled. I don't drive and hiring a personal guide would be outside my budget, so looking to join a group tour. I would prefer if it doesn't include Vintar Gorge since I plan to go on my own on a different day. RS mentions Kompas in his Eastern Europe 2015 edition, but couldn't find them online. Any other recommended tour companies?

Posted by
470 posts

This is Kompas' (admittedly hard-to-find) website for incoming tourism: http://www.kompas-online.net/ Other major tour operators in Slovenia include Roundabout, while 3glav Adventures is based in Bled and their Emerald River tour of the Julian Alps and the Soca Valley is quite popular.

Posted by
43 posts

In 2011, my husband and I hired Tina Hiti for a day in the Julian Alps. The tour was excellent. Tina is enjoyable to be with and very knowledgeable about Slovenia. She gave us so much information about the area and showed us places only a local would know about. At the time, the price was very reasonable. She and her husband are mentioned in RS current book on Slovenia and Croatia. Her website is : www.pg-slovenia.com. I'm sure you will love the Bled area. We have returned for two more visits, the last time in 2016.

Posted by
2252 posts

Tina and her husband also guide for the Rick Steves tours. I can attest to Tina's expertise and competency as she was our guide for the Adriatic tour and she is absolutely the Best! She is also a really fun person with whom to spend time. I don't think you could go wrong if you sought out either Tina or her husband as a private guide. And as an aside, the Julian Alps are spectacular. Tina and her husband live in Lake Bled so certainly know the area!

Posted by
15 posts

Thank you all for your feedback. The Emerald River tour from 3glav looks perfect for me. I will consider Tina but given that I'm traveling solo, a private guide might be cost prohibited for me.

Posted by
10 posts

Hi Carlos!
I am wondering if you took a tour of the Julian Alps yet. If so, which tour did you end up using. We have a trip planned for early September but have not set up tours as of yet.
Thanks!

Posted by
15 posts

I haven't yet but I have booked the Emerald River Adventure tour with Triglav Adventures for June 22nd. Their reviews couldn't be better. I can share my experience after the trip. Have fun in Slovenia!