Please sign in to post.

Fellow tour members (26). - Best of the Adriatics - June 28 to July 11, 2022

This will be our first tour with Rick Steves Tours, but here's a solicitation that Jo and I would be up for "free time" adventures while on this tour because we will try to abide by Rick's travel credo of getting out and mingling with locals, even though we are will be armed only with Rick's words/phrases guide for each country.

We have chosen to explore Europe from east to west.
1. Viking cruise on the Danube from Bucharest to Budapest, passing through Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia.
2. Road Scholar tour of the Baltics states.

After the tour ends, as bridge to a month in Berlin, we will be taking a bus to Kotor, Montenegro and Tirana, Albania for tours of North Macedonia, and Kosovo. If any of you have similar plans, let me know.

Marvin and Jo

Posted by
6 posts

Hi Marvin and Jo,
My niece and I will be fellow travelers with you! She just graduated from high school, and I had promised her a trip way back in middle school. So we picked one out, she got a passport and we are ready to go. I have been on 2 other RS tours with my husband, and now grown kids and have nothing but rave reviews.

We are arriving Monday evening, and plan on exploring (maybe the caves??) around before meeting the group Tuesday. We are pretty laid back and up for adventures also!

Looking forward to meeting!
Karianne

Posted by
6 posts

Karianne:

Since we will be arriving in Ljubijana on the 28th, ca. 4h before our first meeting, so we will not be doing any pre-tour activities.

So, as I stated in my post, let's at least discuss during tour some free time explorations, e.g., in Mostar, Rick's guidebook mentions an Muslim enclave on the other side of a bridge. I think that's the sort of excursion that would be worthwhile. This region has very interesting history. We'll be hoping to get a clearer understanding, hopefully by conversing, if possible, with locals, in spirit of Rick Steve's tours.

Looking forward to meeting you and your niece.

Marvin and Jo

Posted by
1 posts

My husband and I booked the Best of the Adriatics for September 2023. I would love to hear your reviews of the trip when you get back. Have fun and enjoy!