Please sign in to post.

Bled to Ljubljana Airport

We will be ending our RS tour in Bled and are trying to decide between a 10:40 AM flight to Zurich on Sunday morning or an additional night in Ljubljana. We’re not sure if the time our tour spends in the city is adequate or there are things worth spending another night. Also as there’s only the one direct flight on Sunday, if we’d have to rush to make it from Bled.

Posted by
27120 posts

No, a few hours is grossly short for a visit to Ljubljana. And it's not so easy to get there, so you may not find it convenient to return. I'd want to add at least a day there.

Posted by
3851 posts

It's a 25-minute drive from Bled to LJU airport, which is located about half-way between Ljubljana and Bled.

But I think extra time in Ljubljana is always a good thing. I would go for the extra day if you can swing it.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you very much for the advice. We had pretty much decided not to rush, but I wanted to be sure we weren’t making a mistake. We’ll get a flight to Zurich on Monday!

Posted by
6 posts

Once we get to Zurich at 3:30, we will be taking the train to Lucerne for 3 nights. We will have Monday evening, all day on Tuesday and Wednesday and most of the day Thursday before spending Thursday night at the airport and flying home Friday morning. We would like to go to Interlaken, soy thinking was Tuesday in Lucerne, Wednesday in Interlaken and Thursday in Lucerne. Any suggestions appreciated as far as scheduling peaks and lakes!