Please sign in to post.

Best of Adriatic Tour

To anyone who has done this tour: Do you have a list of the hotels at the cities in which RS stayed on your trip?

Thanks,

Posted by
8339 posts

Ljubljana. Hotel Mrak
Bovec. Hotel Mangart
Motovun. Hotel. Kastel
Plitviice. Hotel Plitvice
Split. Hotel Globo
Mostar. Hotel Almira
Korcula. Hotel Marko Polo
Dubrovnik Hotel Aquarius

Posted by
7238 posts

I just signed up for this tour for June 18-July 1, 2023.

They sent me the first & last hotel, and I inquired about the hotel at Korcula because I’m going to modify my itinerary one night:

Ljubljana: Hotel Mrak
Korcula will probably be Hotel Marko Polo
Dubrovnik: Hotel Aquarius

Posted by
12 posts

My husband and I just signed up for this tour for next October. We will be flying from the west coast and wondered if anyone had found the best airlines or routes to get to Slovenia and return from Dubrovnik? We will probably add a few days at both end of the trip, so we could use another hub city if that would give us better prices or flexibility. Ideas?

Posted by
8339 posts

I flew United to Ljubljana. Original routing was Seattle to Frankfurt transfer to Lufthansa to Ljubljana. Lufthansa pilots went on strike and that flight was cancelled the day I was due to fly out. Quick scramble made my routing Seattle to San Francisco to Munich transfer to Air Dolomiti to Ljubljana. Made for a long travel day, but I ended up where I needed to be.

I flew from Dubrovnik to Rome on Vueling Air and the price was quite reasonable. I did some more traveling in Italy and then flew home British Airways. Both transatlantic flights were on Frequent Flier miles so that is why two different airlines.

Posted by
140 posts

Linda, I was scheduled to take this tour at the end of August 2022, but due to a medical issue, I had to cancel the trip. I spent countless hours attempting to find the least painful way to arrive at our destination in Ljubljana from Spokane, WA. My planned trip was as follows:

Fly on Delta - GEG - SEA - AMS
We planned to spend the night at the Hotel Schiphol in Amsterdam which offered a free airport shuttle. The next day, we were to fly out on Transavia to Ljubljana.

At the end of the trip, we planned to fly from Dubrovnik on EasyJet to Amsterdam where we were spending three days, and then again Delta - AMS - SEA - GEG.

An alternative I considered traveling to Ljubljana was GEG - SEA - AMS - VCE, and then taking the GoOpti Shuttle from Venice to Ljubljana. I ultimately decided that spending the night in Amsterdam would leave us less exhausted.

Just as a side note, as mentioned, I was forced to cancel this trip due to health issues, but, if I planned this again, I don't know if I would book EasyJet again. That airline is impossible to communicate with! I have flown with them before, at which time I did not have any issues. But, if you have issues - Beware!

Btw, our last hotel in Dubrovnik was Hotel Lero.

Posted by
2252 posts

My family and I (all 13 of us; grandma, “children “ and grandchildren) are taking this tour the end of May 2023. We are routed Denver-Munich-Ljubljana and then Dubrovnik-Frankfurt-Denver on LH. We only have the first two hotels which are the same as posted above. I have taken this tour before and know the hotels then were wonderful. I couldn’t come up with the names but no matter, RS doesn’t always use the same hotels from tour to tour anyway. That said, some of the hotels listed above do sound familiar! Ljubljana became my favorite city when I took this tour and I have since revisited it twice. It still is. We are allowing extra days there at the beginning of our tour and I would recommend you consider that. I know several people flew into Zagreb, Croatia and enjoyed a few days there before joining the tour in Ljubljana. It’s a truly wonderful tour and I enjoyed it so much. We are all excited to go!

Posted by
8339 posts

@Andi. I know that will be a special time. If I were on the same tour I would be a little intimidated and worried that 1/2 the group was its own group. You can make the difference by really reaching out and mingling with all group members.

Posted by
2252 posts

Hi Carol, My family and I have been on numerous tours (this will be #25 for me) and know how difficult a situation that can be. Fortunately my adult kids are very social and most of them are aware of the pitfalls of large groups traveling together. We have talked about this extensively. Since we all live within an hour of each other and spend time together here at home frequently, I am sure, as on tours past, we will all be happy to make new friends! Thanks for pointing this out as reminders are always good!

Posted by
106 posts

Andi: On which date in April does your Best of Adriatic tour commence? We are on the Best of Adriatic tour starting 4/17/23 as a back-to-back from the Village Italy tour which ends the same date the Best of the Adriatic starts. We are using GoOpti to get us from Lake Orta to Llubjiana by car.

Posted by
2252 posts

jamev13-our tour is the end of May. I believe we will be in Ljubljana by the 24th. 4 of my 5 grandkids are in college so we can’t leave until after finals. Two are actually graduating, thus the “celebration” family trip. My first Adriatic tour began the first of May and the weather was stellar! I expect you will find similar or even better. One exception was the time in Plitvice Lakes National Park. It lhad rained buckets and was still raining a little the day we were there. That turned out to be a plus as the waterfalls and other watery sights were so full they were jaw droppingly beautiful. I have never seen anything so spectacular. If you have any questions, feel free to message me and I’ll be happy to help where I can. The Kastel Hotel in Motovun is quite a fun experience. It is indeed a castle at the top of a hill! You have chosen two of my favorite tours and from everything I’ve heard, Go Opti is a great transportation choice. Have an amazing time!