Solo male traveler who likes hiking, history, live music, and architecture. 24 Nights in Slovenia as follows:
- Aug 24-26: Kranj (Tunnels Tour, City Tour, Lake Bled day trip)
- Aug 27-30: Logarska dolina (Hike to Slap Rinka and Okrešelj, Solčava Panoramic Road, Velika Planina/Kamnik)
- Aug 31- Sept 4: Ljubljana (National Museum of Contemporary History, Food Walk, Day trip to Postonja Cave + Military Museum at Pivka, Day trip to Franja Partisan Hospital + Idrija, full-day city walking tour, full-day Plečnik Architecture tour)
- Sept 5-7: Piran (Škocjan Caves, Hrastolvlje Church/frescoes, Neptune's Baptism, Tartini Festival, ? Salt pans)
- Sept 8-11: Kobarid/Drežnika (WWI Museum & Kobarid Historical Trail, Day trip to Tolmin & hike to Cerkev Sv Duha, one more day of hiking)
- Sept 12-16: Lake Bohinj/Ukanc (Radovljica, Hike Mostnica Gorge [credit: Emily], Truncated hike of Seven Lakes Valley [more like 3 lakes], Cows Ball, Vršič Pass, some smaller hikes like Slap Savica)
Right now, I plan to go to Lake Bled on Monday, Aug 26, with arrival at Vintgar Gorge at 8 am for a loop hike, followed by catching a bus to Lake Bled proper to wander around for a few to several hours. I understand Bled is pretty overrun in August... should I move this day later into the trip in September as a day trip from Ljubljana or Bohinj?
Has anyone used the Motorail between Bohinjska Bistrica and Most na Soči? If so, how was it?
Anyone have recommendations for additional hiking in the areas where I'm going?
Any other input/recommendations are appreciated. Lodging is set, so I can't do much to change order of locales. I hope to hit Ptuj and Maribor on a future trip centered around Graz.