I'm planning a 10-11 day trip to Slovenia and need some advice on choosing bases for exploring the various regions. Let me start by saying what our interests and priorities are (in no particular order):
- outdoor activities (hiking & biking)
- cultural exploration, including touring vineyards and cheese making traditions
- historical (WWI sites, castles)
My first pass at a breakdown of where to spend time is:
- 2 days in Ljubljana (day trip to Skofja Loka)
- 2 days in Lake Bled (day trip to Radovljica)
- 2 days in Piran (base to visit Predjama and Postojna or Skojcan caves)
- 4-5 days in some other places or split among the 3 areas above?
Other regions that I'm interested in include:
- Lake Bohinj and Triglav sites (visiting Kobarid and other sites in this area?)
- Logar valley (for hiking and agritourism activities)
- Some wine region; having a hard time figuring out which would be better between Goriska Brda region in the west or Ptuj/Celje region in the east. They both seem to have advantages and disadvantages.
What feedback do you have on the above?